cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LindsayFairy
Level: Powered On

calculated field

Hi

I am trying to calcalate the value of several textinput boxes which are contained within a gallery that is on another screen to where I want the figure to show.  I have been trying to get a formula to work for days but to no avail.  I shall be most grateful if anyone can provide any assistance as at the moment, I can only get the most recent entry to pull through onto my screen, not all of the textinput values.

Thanking you in advance.

Lindsay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike8
Level 10

Re: calculated field

Hello,

You can try this..
TextInput1_4.Default =  Sum(Gallery1.AllItems,TextInput2_1.Text)

6 REPLIES 6
Mike8
Level 10

Hello,

Are you trying to have something like this?
1    2  -->  3
2    5  -->  7
Or something like this?
1    2 
2___5 
3     7
If you provide some more information we can make it work

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @LindsayFairy

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

How do you calculate the value of several TextInput boxes? Could you please share a bit more about the formula?

If you want to display the calculated result within another screen, I think the Global variable could achieve your needs. You could consider take a try to store the calculated result into a global variable (using Set() function), then display the variable value within your another screen.

Please take a try with the following formula:

Set(Variable1, CalculatedResult1);
Set(Variable2, CalculatedResult2);

then you could display the calculated result via the Variable1, Variable2, ... within your another screen.

More details about the Set function, please check the following article:

Set function

Note: You could not use UpdateContext() function to initialize your variable, context variables are scoped to a screen, which means that you can't build a formula that refers to a context variable on another screen.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Hi @LindsayFairy

I think that @Mike8 raises an excellent question, and the answer to that would be of great help to us.
What Mike is asking is - do you want to calculate a value from textinput boxes within a *single* record? Or do you want to perform some sort of an aggregate calculation? (in other words, do you want to calculate a value from *multiple*  records in your gallery?)

LindsayFairy

Hi 

Thank you both for your prompt replies. 

I have attached screenshots to hopefully help clarify what I am trying to achieve.

Many thanks

Lindsay

Mike8
Level 10

Hello,

You can try this..
TextInput1_4.Default =  Sum(Gallery1.AllItems,TextInput2_1.Text)

LindsayFairy

Hi Mike8

The Sum formula worked!

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Kind regards

Lindsay