cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tourbud
Level: Powered On

combobox filter gallery

Hello, I am just starting to learn SQL and Powerapps. And I have been having some troubles filtering a Gallery off of a combo box. I am getting the error, "Part of this formula cannot be evaluated remotely. Right side of "in" operator is not a column name." but it also returning some of the correct records.

I have a sql database with several thousand records in it, and my main table named is named "Data". My Gallery is displaying that table. In that table i want to filter based on column "GroupID". I have another table named "Group", with the with a key value related to my "Data" table named "Group ID", This "Group" table is used for the for my ComboBox and is referencing the column "GroupID" on the "Group" Table (is this bad naming practice?). Below is my formula on the gallery to filter.

Filter('[dbo].[Data}', GroupID in GroupComboBox.SelectedItems.GroupID)

This returns an incomplete set of the data in that table. I chose one of the groups and it returned 8 records when it should have returned 196 records. 

I have searched all over and see some people with similar questions that don't seem to have answers. Should i be using a different operator instead of "in"?

Thanks,

Tourbud

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: combobox filter gallery

Hi @tourbud,

The formula should be:

Filter('[dbo].[Data}', GroupID in GroupComboBox.SelectedItems.Value)

GroupComboBox should be the combo box control's name in the Form which data source is "Group" table.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
tourbud
Level: Powered On

Re: combobox filter gallery

Sorry for the late response, Vacation Smiley Happy

That formula results in an error. "Delegation Warning. The highlighted part of this formula might not work correctly on large data sets. The right side of the "in" operator should be a column name from the correct data source. The data source might not be able to process the formula and might return incomplete data set. Your application might not return correct results or behave correctly if the data set is incomplete."

Is "in" the correct operator when using SQL tables?

Thanks,

Tourbud