cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gmaasz
Level: Powered On

displaying a multiple select column

I have a field containing multiple select velus in the same cell. I want to create a form for a user to view the selection in a user friendly manner. Currently this displays the multiple selections separated by a comma "," and doesn't wrap the selections. So the output in the form looks something like this:

Selection A, Selection B, Selec...

So if there are more than 2 selections, you can't see them. ANy ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
egallis
Level 10

Re: displaying a multiple select column

Try this:

• in your ViewForm, hide the default combo box and place a ListBox control over it
  • in the ListBox.Items property put the following code:
Split(Concat(<your datacard>.SelectedItems,Value,","),",")

It worked on my side.

Does it work for you ?

Emmanuel

4 REPLIES 4
egallis
Level 10

Hi @gmaasz,

Can you tell us what type of datasource you are using for your application ? Excel ?

Can you post a screen shot of your multiple select values please ?

Also, in you PowerApps application, do you want to put these values in a combo box or dropdown control by example ? In a form control or outside a form control ?

Thanks,

Emmanuel

gmaasz
Level: Powered On

@egallis 

The datasource is a sharepoint list which contains the multiple selection values. I want the values displayed in a normal textbox, just below oneanother instead of being cut of in a concatenated string. The selections are exactly as shown in the original description. I have ListA, in which i added a new row. One of the columns in list a is a multiple select column. so for the newly added row within the multiple selection column, I have selected:

• Selection 1
  • Selection 2
  • Selection 3

Now I have a form within my powerapp, which should display the selection to the user, in a "View Only" manner. So I created a new screen, containing a 'View' form connected to the data source and displaying the value of that column. The displayed value is not being shown in a readable manner. It concatenates the selections, so I can not see them below oneanother. So all I see is:

"Selection 1, Selection2, Sel..."

I want the result to be:

Selection 1

Selection 2

Selection 3

All within the same textbox

egallis
Level 10

Try this:

• in your ViewForm, hide the default combo box and place a ListBox control over it
  • in the ListBox.Items property put the following code:
Split(Concat(<your datacard>.SelectedItems,Value,","),",")

It worked on my side.

Does it work for you ?

Emmanuel

Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for posting in the community @gmaasz - can you review the above reply and update the thread if it was helpful? 

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT