Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rajkumar88
Level: Powered On

error while submitted information-unable to submit

Hello Everyone,

I am having difficulty in findinig the root cause while saving/submitting content to SHarePoint list from PowerApps. 

My App 3 screens with 3 forms (note: datasource is same) with "SAVE" and "SUBMIT" button. 

on SAVE button, it will save content to SharePoint list and they can edit that content as many times as they want. 

however if they click "submit" then they won't be able to edit.  Issue is that while selecting "Submit" button it's throwing below error.

"conflicts exist with changes on the server, please reload.Server response:ETAG mismatch"

my submit button is trying to "verify if user created item already exists in the list or not, if yes, then pacth to it if not create new one".  Am I gettign error because of some additional column added in the form? 

if(IsBlank(LookUp(EmployeePerformance, Lower('Created By'.Email) =Lower(userinfo) )),Patch(EmployeePerformance,Defaults(EmployeePerformance),Form1_2.Updates,Form2_2.Updates,Form3_1.Updates,Form2_6.Updates,
{
ManagerStatus:{Value:"Pending"}

}
);Navigate(fr_ManagerLandingscreen,ScreenTransition.None),Patch(EmployeePerformance,LookUp(EmployeePerformance, Lower('Created By'.Email) =Lower(userinfo)),Form1_2.Updates,Form2_2.Updates,Form3_1.Updates,Form2_6.Updates,
{

}
);Navigate(fr_ManagerLandingscreen,ScreenTransition.None))

2 REPLIES 2
shailendra74
Level 8

Re: error while submitted information-unable to submit

Not sure if I understood your code but what I see is you are using Patch twice.  The data is updated to EmployeePerformance is NOT refreshed when calling again.  Comment the code as mentioned below and check.

if(IsBlank(LookUp(EmployeePerformance, Lower('Created By'.Email) =Lower(userinfo) )),Patch(EmployeePerformance,Defaults(EmployeePerformance),Form1_2.Updates,Form2_2.Updates,Form3_1.Updates,Form2_6.Updates,
{

}
);

// COMMENT THIS PART AND CHECK

Navigate(fr_ManagerLandingscreen,ScreenTransition.None),Patch(EmployeePerformance,LookUp(EmployeePerformance, Lower('Created By'.Email) =Lower(userinfo)),Form1_2.Updates,Form2_2.Updates,Form3_1.Updates,Form2_6.Updates,
{

}
);

// TILL HERE

Navigate(fr_ManagerLandingscreen,ScreenTransition.None))

Thanks.

rajkumar88
Level: Powered On

Re: error while submitted information-unable to submit

@shailendra74,

I am using the second part to update an already existing item. If there no existing item then the first part will create new one. That’s why I added default in the first code.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 280 members 3,800 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: