cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

flow launched from powerapps error

I have a powerapp that launches a flow, passing some variables into flow parameters.

One of those vairables is an email address used to fetch a users O365 profile in the flow.

Another is an ID used to fetch a SharePoint list item.

When I run the flow from PowerApps, the list item is collected, but I then get the following flow error on the O365 Get user profile portion:

Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Get_user_profile' inputs at line '1' and column '2065': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_office365users']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_office365users' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_sharepointonline, shared_office365'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

PowerApps flow launch:

UpdateContext({VisitReference: SharePointListItemID});
UpdateContext({SendAccessEmailTo: "myemail@home.com"});
UpdateContext({VisitorListEmailBody: "Hello World"});
'FlowName'.Run(VisitReference, SendAccessEmailTo, VisitorListEmailBody);

When I run the flow from flow and simply type the values for the variables, it works fine....

@Adminhttps://flow.microsoft.com/manage/environments/Default-7369e6ec-faa6-42fa-bc0e-4f332da5b1db/flows/0a...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paulculmsee
Level 8

Re: flow launched from powerapps error

I have seen this before and usually deleting flow as a datasource and re-adding it does the trick... check the end of this blog post for an example...

http://www.cleverworkarounds.com/2017/06/27/a-filename-generation-example-for-powerapps-with-flow/

regards

Paul

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi  @Anonymous,

The link is broken and I cannot  see your flow configuration. Please take a screenshot instead.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
paulculmsee
Level 8

I have seen this before and usually deleting flow as a datasource and re-adding it does the trick... check the end of this blog post for an example...

http://www.cleverworkarounds.com/2017/06/27/a-filename-generation-example-for-powerapps-with-flow/

regards

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, this ended up being the only way to carry on working.

Had to delete the datasource, save the file, close studio, reopen, then reconnect the datasource - then it worked fine.

Had another issue pop up with flows launched with powerapps, same workaround resolved it.

Thanks!

R

mathocom
Level: Powered On

HI,

im having hte same issue. It acutally tells me that 'share_office365_1' doesnt exist (not sure where the _1 comes from): 

The full message is: 

'Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Send_an_email' inputs at line '1' and column '2552': 'The template language expression 'json(decodeBase64(triggerOutputs().headers['X-MS-APIM-Tokens']))['$connections']['shared_office365_1']['connectionId']' cannot be evaluated because property 'shared_office365_1' doesn't exist, available properties are 'shared_dynamicscrmonline'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'

In your solution you refer to close and reopen studio. Im not using any desktop app so i closed and re-launched the browser with no effect. Any ideas?

thanks

ltabosa
Level: Power Up

For me the problem was because I was running the Flow from previous failed ones.

When I started one new trigger It worked well.

My trigger is a PowerApp button.

Tanwedar
Level: Power Up

This is what caused the problem to occur for me. Redoing the test with data from a successful run worked fine.

ck25415
Level 8

will they ever fix this issue? Its really annoying to re add the workflow as a datasource and publish the app again multiple times.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 24 members 4,145 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: