cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjasper
Level: Powered On

gallery filtering another gallery not working

Hello,

I have two galleries. The first one filters the second based on the selection. Each gallery has an indicator and then the months. When the month is clicked on it will bring up the second gallery that shows the indicator and the neighbourhoods. The first indicators works perfect but when I go to click on the second indicator the screen comes up blank.

On the second gallery I have it filterd by the table, village and then indicator from the pervious gallery.

Walk through:

The frist gallery shows the indicators and the months. When you click on the January textbox it will then navigate to another screen (gallery 2).

care conferences main screen.JPG

As you can see there are two indicators on the main screen. When you click on Janaury for the first indicator it filters the next gallery perfectly. See below. 

Care conferences Schedule screen.JPG

But when you click on the second indicator it navigates you to the next screen (gallery) and it is blank. See below.care conferences completed screen.JPG

I don't understand why the first indicator in gallery works but the second indicator doesn't. 

Here is the forumla that I am using on the second gallery: Filter(table4, Village = varLocation, Indicator = RHCCGallery.Selected.Indicator). 

Please help!

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: gallery filtering another gallery not working

@jjasper 

Did you get a chance to look at the solutions I provided over in your other post earlier?

That might be helpful for this scenario as well.

Beyond that, can you explain the indicators you make reference to and how that relates to table4.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
jjasper
Level: Powered On

I did get a chance to look at the app your provided early and I do not understand one bit. I have attached my excel file so you can see how I have that set up and how I am pulling in the data. I have also shared the app so you have see where my brain is. I may be way off from what I am trying to do but this might help you better understand what I am looking to accomplish. 

SO in regards to the gallery issue. I have created a gallery that shows each indicator that fall under the filter I have set. When you look at the excel file you can see that there is a column for KeySuccessFactor and a column for IndicatorGroup. Based on the screen it will show the filter pertaining to the screen name. eg. Customer Experience Screen is filter using Filter(Table1, KeySuccessFactor = "Customer Experience"). Now if in the table a indicator is given a collectionlevel of neighbourhood it will navigate to a screen where they can enter neighbourhood data. What I thought I had set up and working was that when they click on an indicator that has a collection level of neighbourhood it will navigate to the neighbourhood screen and update the Indicator label to the name of that indicator that previously clicked on. 

You can see what I have put together when you look at the Care Conference Screens. 

Hope this helps. 

TIA

Super User
Super User

@jjasper 

I'll take a look at what you have provided.  I might pull this conversation into a private message chat rather than keep building on this posting.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Tomorrow, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 115 members 3,843 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: