cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pracmt1515
Level: Powered On

how can I show a specific image of an excel image database?

I need to show an image related to a specific value of a table and when I try to use an excel database with images it does not recognize the images

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: how can I show a specific image of an excel image database?

Hi @pracmt1515 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you store the images files within your Excel table?

Further, do you want to display the corresponding image based on a specific value?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The data structure of my Excel table as below:3.JPG

My App's configuration as below:4.JPG

5.JPG

Set the Image property of the Image control to following:

LookUp(Table1, ProductName = TextInput1.Text, Image)

Firstly, please make sure that all your images data in your Excel table could be displayed well within your app. You could add a Gallery control within your app, set the Items property to your Excel table, add a Image control within the Gallery, set the Image property to following:

ThisItem.ImageColumn

check if the Image data displayed well in your Gallery.

Also please check if you have use a proper column within your Excel table to store the image data. Currently, within Excel table, if you want to store image data, you need to name the column as:

ColumnName [image]

More details about saving image data into a Excel table, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/tutorial-working-with-images-in-excel

When you want to display images data from a Excel table, there are some notes you need to know:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/tutorial-working-with-images-in-excel#a...

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pracmt1515 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you store the images files within your Excel table?

Further, do you want to display the corresponding image based on a specific value?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The data structure of my Excel table as below:3.JPG

My App's configuration as below:4.JPG

5.JPG

Set the Image property of the Image control to following:

LookUp(Table1, ProductName = TextInput1.Text, Image)

Firstly, please make sure that all your images data in your Excel table could be displayed well within your app. You could add a Gallery control within your app, set the Items property to your Excel table, add a Image control within the Gallery, set the Image property to following:

ThisItem.ImageColumn

check if the Image data displayed well in your Gallery.

Also please check if you have use a proper column within your Excel table to store the image data. Currently, within Excel table, if you want to store image data, you need to name the column as:

ColumnName [image]

More details about saving image data into a Excel table, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/tutorial-working-with-images-in-excel

When you want to display images data from a Excel table, there are some notes you need to know:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/tutorial-working-with-images-in-excel#a...

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
pracmt1515
Level: Powered On

thank you so much for your help the mistake that i was making was in the image column.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 253 members 4,841 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: