cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanTambling
Level: Powered On

how to reset form screen from a second gallery selection

I have the basic 3 screen app created from data that comes from SQL. This data has Parent/Child relationships. Basically Groups that have individuals with similar data as dependant relationship. The first screen with gallery list of data works correctly and navigates to second screen form in view mode. On the second screen, it displays group demographics, and i've added a second gallery that displays the dependants If the group has dependants. This part works. The problem is when you select one of the dependants the form doesn't display the dependant demographics. I'm sure i'm missing something but nothing I've tried works. I've even created another seperate screen for the dependants and it will only populate with the demographic info from the parent group. The galleries are pulling data from the same table. Screen 3 shown below is the dependant screen that should show demographic info from the first item in the gallery from Screen2.

Any help appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: how to reset form screen from a second gallery selection

Your attached images aren't displaying. I get the message "Error displaying attachment content".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
SeanTambling
Level: Powered On

Re: how to reset form screen from a second gallery selection

I'm not sure why they aren't displaying for you. I can click the images and they open up in a pop up window. I did figure out what i was doing wrong in my first question. I was referencing the wrong gallery in the form on the other screen. Once I fixed the error, it worked correctly. 

I do have another question. I'd like to try and reduce the number of screens I believe I am using, by trying to reuse screens that are already built.

Currently i have 4 screens and may be adding a 5th.

Screen 1 is the List gallery of all the data, showing only title and id.

Screen 2 is a view form to dispay demographic information and has a second gallery that dispays the dependant list for the group if there are dependants.

Screen 3 is a view form to display demographic information for the dependant.

Screen 4 displays a gallery of specific data for either the group or the dependant.

Screen 5 may dispay a gallery of specific data for just the dependant if i can't reuse screen 4

Is there a way to reuse the 2nd and 4th screen (view form) to dispay the dependant demographic info, hide the secondary dependant gallery (because dependants will not have dependants). I believe there should be a way to clear the data and display only the dependant data, I'm just struggling with how to make this happen. 

I'm still very green at figuring out how to make complicated things happen. I really appreciate the communities willingness to help eachother.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 237 members 5,025 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: