cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kumarraj88
Level: Powered On

how to send only one screen to Manager to provide comments based up on employee info submission

Hello Everyone,

I have a situtation which I am not able to crack it at all.

Scenario: Employee submit a request through PowerApps and the data will be saved to a SHarePoint list.

2. The manager of that EMployee should recieve an email to provide Comments and answer couple of more survey questions based up on the employee information submission (flow can send an email with the link, but link should enable powerApps for manager to submit all the answers). At the end of the day it should save content again to same list and appended to that particualar line item submitted by that Employee.

IS there a way that we can create 2 screen one for employee and other for Manager and Manager can only see manager Screen not the employee screen in POwerApps?

Please help me out. I am stuck.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: how to send only one screen to Manager to provide comments based up on employee info submission

Hi @kumarraj88 

Yes.Firstly you need to have two columns, one is for Manager Email, and the other is for Employee Email.

Then on your App Side, App.OnStart=if(User().Email in DataSource.ManagerEmail,Navigate(ManagerScreen,ScreenTransition.None),User().Email in DataSource.EmployeeEmail,Navigate(EmployeeScreen,ScreenTransition.None) )

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

rajkumar88

Re: how to send only one screen to Manager to provide comments based up on employee info submission

Thanks for the message. However how can we determine who is employee and who is manager based up on AD fields?

And moreover if a manager itselft wants to complete survey and he reports to another manager then how can we consider this manager? Either user or manager?

Or can do other way if possibel? Something like when a user submit the form then flow will automatically retrieve manager email and it will send notification to his/her manager and from there can manager provide his/her comments based up on the link added in the email?

At the end I want manager to be able to view the details submitted by his employee and then also submit comments in a form based only.

Please guide me.
PowerApps Staff chmoncayMSFT
PowerApps Staff

@rajkumar88 wrote:
Thanks for the message. However how can we determine who is employee and who is manager based up on AD fields?

And moreover if a manager itselft wants to complete survey and he reports to another manager then how can we consider this manager? Either user or manager?

Or can do other way if possibel? Something like when a user submit the form then flow will automatically retrieve manager email and it will send notification to his/her manager and from there can manager provide his/her comments based up on the link added in the email?

At the end I want manager to be able to view the details submitted by his employee and then also submit comments in a form based only.

Please guide me.

Hi @rajkumar88 , Please look at the leave request sample app.  They do a similar thing which is "Login as an Employee / Login as Manager buttons".  You could present this first screen based on whether a user is in the managers table, then the user can decide which experience they want to see.

modalTablet

You can use the Office 365 Users connection to determine from AAD whether a user has direct reports.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/connection-office365-users

Office365Users.DirectReports("someUser@contoso.com")

You could count the rows of this method to see if they are a manager.

kumarraj88

leave powerapp is bit compliocated for my scenario. What I am tryign to do as of now is to create addtional list with two columns (one for employee email and other for manager email). based up on these details user will have different screens for both to complete the survey with different questions. 

So next part is that when a employee competes his/her survey, there will be an email send to his/her manager. At this moment manager has get a screen with the details filled by the employee and additonal comments box to fil. can I include a powerapps form in the email link with the "excat screen" where manager has to navigate? 

Highlighted
kumarraj88

Hi Yumina,

I tried your solution and it iis not working properly.

I created a list called "emailist" and created two columns called "employeeEmail" ManagerEmail . and then I have created an item with two different emails.

myonstartcodee is: If(User().Email in EmailList.EmployeeEmail,Navigate(EmpLandingScreen,ScreenTransition.None),User().Email in EmailList.ManagerEmail,Navigate(ManagerLandingscreen,ScreenTransition.None))

when I click on APP-rightcllick-runonstart    ----- it is navigating to emplandingscreen. Whenever I try with manager email address to access the form, it is taking me to emplandingscreen instead of "managerlandingscreen" .

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 270 members 4,136 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: