cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mroth
Level: Powered On

integration with PowerBI

A powerBI community support team member suggested I post this here.

PBIX link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bhks3t4x90h7sj/FlooringEstimates.pbix?dl=0 

I've created the FlooringEstimates app in the PowerApps tutorial described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-gallery

In my powerBI, I have a simple table that shows Flooring Name, Category, and Price per SF.

I manually entered data in a different table that shows name, SF sold and date sold, and linked the two tables together by Name.

I creased a Card Visual to show Revenues, which equals SF sold * Price Per SF.  

The Card visual adjusts when I click on a row of the table, just like normal PowerBI.  What I'd like is for the entire screen to be integrated, such that, when I click on the PowerApps Visual, it effectively selects the row in the table, and then recalculates the Card visual accordingly.  From the screenshots below, the Card shows 501k of revenues.  Then when I select the table row for [Name] = "Alpha" the card recalculates to 5497.  Then when I unselect [Name] in the Table, but select Alpha in PowerApps, the Card Visual resets to all rows, but I'd like it to flow through such that the card output is 5497.  Is this possible?

I have figured out how to do this in reverse, where a slicer in BI can manipulate the PowerApps, but I want the PowerApps to effectively be the slicer for BI.

Screenshots below:Flooring Estimates landing page.PNGFlooring Estimates Alpha Selection from Table.PNGFlooring Estimates Alpha Selection from PowerApps Visual.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: integration with PowerBI

Hi @mroth ,

Do you want to when you click the related item in PowerApps the PowerBi will show the related data?

Best Regards.

Yumia

mroth
Level: Powered On

Re: integration with PowerBI

Yes, ideally.  As I have it set up now, there's a 2-step process.  When I click the related slicer in PowerBI, the PowerApp integrated filters the Summary View so that the PowerApp is filtered to only the particular selection and then I can go through the PowerApp.  What I'd like is the corrollary to be true as well, such that when I click the selection in PowerBI, it selects the same as a slicer item in PowerBI so that the remaining PowerBI is filtered accordingly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 266 members 3,982 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: