cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macrag
Level: Powered On

load local collection record on to an Edit Form

Hi

I am struggling with something that to seems pretty easy to do, but for some reason i am not finding what I need to make this happen.

Here is what I tried so far..

I am collecting records from a form(NewForm) into a collection, i then have a gallery to show the collected Records and by clicking each record in the Gallery control, I am trying to load this record in to an Edit form for further editing using datasource (Collection name) and Items property as Gallery1.Selected. But this seems not working as it doesn't show any records on the form.

How do i show the Gallery1.selected item from a collection on an Edit Form for further edit.

I know we should use Patch to save to the datasource but I am stumped to what do i need to do to show the selected record on to an edit form

Looking for hlep, i appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Boneckrh19
Level 8

Re: load local collection record on to an Edit Form

Vote for this idea if you would like support for collections to be used as a fully functional datasource in display and edit forms!

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Allow-Collections-to-be-used-as-a-DataSource-in-...

You can indeed patch to a collection. But the issue is that at this point, you must manually make the form instead of relying on the premade display and edit forms, as they don't yet recognize collections as a valid datasource.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

HI

When you Patch, it becomes a Saved Permanent data in a datasource, such as Excel in Dropdow/ OneDrive, CDS, SPL

Whe you Collect, it becomes a Temporary data in your local computer (It will disappear when you close the apps).

Let say you are using Collect(DS1, Condition), the Gallery1.Items = DS1 shall be able to show all data.

Please try this.

TQ

hpkeong
Boneckrh19
Level 8

Vote for this idea if you would like support for collections to be used as a fully functional datasource in display and edit forms!

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Allow-Collections-to-be-used-as-a-DataSource-in-...

You can indeed patch to a collection. But the issue is that at this point, you must manually make the form instead of relying on the premade display and edit forms, as they don't yet recognize collections as a valid datasource.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 52 members 4,659 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: