cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
iDrive
Level: Powered On

onChange Date Bug

Seeing and unexpected experience with the date field onChange event. I'm attempting to validate a user typed in the required 4 digit year (e.g. 2019) instead of the 2 digit abbreviation (e.g. 19) and came across this issue. On a single line of text field (SLOT) when the field loses focus (e.g. user clicks to another field) the onChange fires for that SLOT field. On the other hand, in a date field the onChange event only occurs if a user enters a valid date and when the valid date is entered it fires immediately (not when the focus changes). I setup the a test list showing some onChange experiences and the inconsistencies with the onChange event between the SLOT and the date fields.

Single Line of Text onChange:

UpdateContext({
varSLOT: DataCardValueSLOT.Text
})

Date Only onChange:

UpdateContext({
varDate: Text(DataCardValueDate.SelectedDate)
})

In action (Imgur link if embed below doesn't work):
onChangeDateBugPowerApps.gifScreen recording of bugIt'd be great if someone on the PowerApps team could chime in to confirm if this is a known bug and/or if a fix is in the works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iDrive

Re: onChange Date Bug

I put in a support ticket and demonstrated the issue to the tech but was told this is "by design" but in the same breathe "we'll take this to our team for a feature enhancement." Disappointing response but wanted to close this out for any others that come across this issue.

4 REPLIES 4
iDrive

Bumping this up. Is there a dedicated bug tracker/reporting site?

Administrator
Administrator

Hi @iDrive I'm sorry to see you're experiencing this issue. Your best bet would be to submit a support ticket so the Product Team can diagnose the issue and track the fixes that need to be made. 

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

@TopShelf-MSFT

iDrive

I put in a support ticket and demonstrated the issue to the tech but was told this is "by design" but in the same breathe "we'll take this to our team for a feature enhancement." Disappointing response but wanted to close this out for any others that come across this issue.

billblais

Thanks for following through on this @iDrive . I'm stymied by this as well. Agreed that is a very frustrating response (why behave differently 'by design'?), but here's hoping someone will see sense.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 135 members 4,415 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: