cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Katjua
Level: Powered On

person combo box not saving blanks

I have an edit form on a SharePoint list. On my form, I have person combo boxes linked to AD. When in Edit mode, a user can click in the combo box, enter a name, and suggestions will pop. The user can then select a name, and hit submit. This will trigger SubmitForm(form) and send the data to the SharePoint list. 

When coming back to the edit form, the combo box will display the name previously saved. If the user wants to change the name to another one, they will type in a name, suggestion pops up, they select the new name. Hit save, and SubmitForm updates the data in SharePoint list. 

Problem: When user deletes the name (leaving the combo box blank), after hitting submit, the blank is not saved/sent to SharePoint list. The previously saved name is not replaced by blank in SP list. There is no error showing up. 

Update property on the combo box card : Pass2Value.Selected 

on submit button: SubmitForm(EditForm) 

Why is it not taking blanks? Is there a workaround for this? 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katjua

Re: person combo box not saving blanks

On button click, 

If my combobox value is blank, I update the context by setting the actual column to " " (with space) in the form before submitting it, and it works. 

If(
IsBlank(DataCardValue.Selected),
UpdateContext({SP_Field: " "})
)

1 REPLY 1
Katjua

Re: person combo box not saving blanks

On button click, 

If my combobox value is blank, I update the context by setting the actual column to " " (with space) in the form before submitting it, and it works. 

If(
IsBlank(DataCardValue.Selected),
UpdateContext({SP_Field: " "})
)