cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicholas
Level: Powered On

pin to home

I had the impression that pinning to home on an android device would create a shortcut to the application. When I attempt to do this, it tells me a shortcut was created but nothing is added to my homescreen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff Chris
PowerApps Staff

Re: pin to home

This is fixed with 2.0.570, which is available in the Google Play store now.  Could you please confirm?  Thanks!

24 REPLIES 24
PowerApps Staff Chris
PowerApps Staff

Hi nicholas,

Can you find the shortcut in the list of apps?  What device and Android version are you using?

Thanks!

Chris

pfitchie

Ditto, I also cannot locate the "pinned" icon on a Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Tab A, both fully updated.

pfitchie

Just been playing around a bit this last hour.  It appears that shortcuts can only be made for APPS that I am the owner of.  I cannot seem to get the pin to work for any app that I am not the owner.

I have tried changing the share permissions for the app to contributor but that has not helped.

nicholas

Hi Chris, thank you for the reply. It does not appear in my full app drawer. I am running on a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, 6.0.1 mashmallow.

nicholas

Very interesting, thank you for your insight. I happen to be the owner, and for now the only user of the app, yet I still can not get the pins to work.

PowerApps Staff Chris
PowerApps Staff

What version of PowerApps are you using (see hamburger menu in PowerApps)?  I can pin apps from other users and my own with PowerApps version 2.0.542 on Samsung S6 edge.

pfitchie

2.0.542 On my Galaxy S5 and Tab A both on Android 6.0.1

nicholas

I am also on version 2.0.542.

What I find odd is I tested with the Sample Apps and they pin just fine. Tested again with two of the apps I created and own...no luck. A menu prompts that it did pin successfully but it is nowhere to be found.

I will test tonight on one of the office's ipads and an older galaxy phone to see if this particular problem is isolated to the s7 edge.

pfitchie

Same here, I can pin all of the sample apps successfully.