cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joeleno
Level: Powered On

powerapp stuck at opening on Android device with barcode scanner

We have a WASP DR3 Android device with OS 6.0.  It has a scanning feature on it to scan barcodes.  Power apps loads fine when installed from google play store.  When we try to open up ANY app it is stuck at the the Opening.  It says 'Downloading' but then again when Opening.  Version 3.18114.16 of power apps.  Can anyone please advise on what the issue may be?  We have allowed power apps to use all functions of the device, however there was no prompt or setting to use the barcode scanner on the device.  

Any help would be appreciated.  

Thanks.  

Joe

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: powerapp stuck at opening on Android device with barcode scanner

Hi @Joeleno,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please check if the version of PowerApps Mobile App in your Android device is the latest version, if not, please upgrade it to the latest version, and then try your app again, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please also consider uninstall the PowerApps Mobile App from your Android device, then re-install it again, check if the issue is solved.

Currently, within PowerApps, there is an update with the Bacode scanner control. When you add a Barcode scanner control within your app, it would add a scanner button as below (it was a control like the Camera control previously):3.JPG

When you click this button, it would use your Android native camera to scan the barcode. You could use the following formula to get the scanned barcode string:

BarcodeScanner1.Value

Please take a try to edit your app, and use the new feature of Barcode scanner control, and then re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Joeleno

Thanks for the reply.  I did a full uninstall and re-install of powerapps and the same result... spinning on open.  Again, the OS version is 6.0 on the android device, but one thing to note is that the device has a scanner on it in addition to the camera.  I have a test app that uses the camera barcode feature but still cannot open the app.  None of the canned apps open either. 

Here is the device.

https://www.waspbarcode.com/mobile-computers/dr3-mobile-computer

Is it possible that the app is not getting permission from the device to be able to use the barcode scanning feature?  Something with permission has to be in play here I think.  I have even set all permissions in the settings for powerapps and still same issue. 

Any other ideas would be great.  Thanks much.

Joeleno

Can you please take a look at my session details and see if there is any information there to assist? 

session id: c62fca27-3422-4294-b5c3-0dfd50e3d348

Administrator
Administrator

adding in @Ying to review and assist

@TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Users Online
Currently online: 146 members 4,272 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: