Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
roncam
Level: Powered On

powerapps images not loading on mobile

hi,

till this morning the images were loading but tonight images are being shown on the powerapps studio and not on the mobile. Can you help me please ? I have the images in sharepoint gallery list. 

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Re: powerapps images not loading on mobile

Hi @roncam,

Where do you retrieve these image files within your app? From your SP library?

Do you mean that the images from your SP library could be displayed well within your mobile app previously?

The user @Gidrone_NS has faced same issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Images-from-SharePoint-library-don-t-show-on-...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Share-point-pictures-can-not-be-seen-on-IOS-D...

Currently, Pictures that need authentication on SharePoint are not supported yet to display within PowerApps Mobile App.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

If the Image files within your app are from your SP library, as an alternative solution, I agree with @xyzzyx666's thought almost.

You could consider create a SP list on your side, and add a Hyperlink column (Format url as Hyperlink) within it. Then copy URL link of the image files in your SP library, create corresponding record within your SP list and put the copied URL link within the Hyperlink column. After that, use the SP list as image data source within your app.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

All Replies
xyzzyx666
Level 8

Hi @roncam,

You mean the pictures can be shown in the PC Studio but not shown in the mobile screen?

I have tested your issues.

Firstly make sure the pictures can shown on the PC Studio and use the account to login mobile power apps.

When I first time display the app, the pictures not show all, and loading slowly. I refresh it and and close and then open it again and next time all appear. 

roncam

Yes the images show in the studio but on mobile nothing. I tried your suggestion but still same issue
xyzzyx666
Level 8

I have used the same account and environment on my mobile side to open it

xyzzyx666
Level 8

And I use the picture's hyperlink to create the SP list.

roncam

can you show me how to do it please so i can confirm ?

thanks

xyzzyx666
Level 8

Yes. I have tested it in two methods.

OneSmiley Tongueicture comes from Bing

1.the picture's link get as  this: choose the picture--right click--inspect element-->get its link as my screenshot;

2.Get the picture's link from the SP Picture library(choose the picture and then copy the link)

3Create one custom list in SP list, add column, choose the type:hyperlink

4.generate the gallery or create the gallery then connect to your SP, and Layout choose Picture and title or other include pictures.

5.I use the same account to log in my mobile and test.

Note: On my test, the picture can shows all in the gallery screen no matter the link comes Library or Bing.

But in Detail Screen and Edit Screen, link comes from Bing is Ok and if it generate app automatically, the link comes from Library is not OK.

Hope this can be helpful for you.

library1.pnglibrary2.pngpicture3.pngpicture4.png

image's link in the bing.png

xyzzyx666
Level 8

And you the photo column's type is picture.

From my test the link from Bing(or other sites) works better than from library.

roncam

Can I create a free Bing ? Like Google drive ?
roncam

My issue is that I have logos that need to be near the details of companies