cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fulmar57
Level: Powered On

record replaces previous record instead of adding a new record

Hi

My app worked fine in a trial account.  I've now transferred it to an Office 365 account and it seems to work differently. When adding a new record, it replaces a previous record, instead of writing a new record.  ??  I'm working with an excel data file and a dropbox data connection.  Any advice welcome.  

5 REPLIES 5
Dawidvh
Level 10

Re: record replaces previous record instead of adding a new record

Hi @fulmar57

Please send the formula that you are using to create the new record, or are you using a standard form?

fulmar57

Hi

Thanks for your reply.  I've used the automatic formation of the app, leading to a 3 screen app.  The problem seems to be intermittent.  Sometimes a new record is accepted.  Sometimes it overwrites a previous record. 

SubmitForm(EditForm1)

Dawidvh
Level 10

Hi @fulmar57

The only thing I can think of is that the Form 'thinks' it is still busy editing the previous record. This might happen when the form item property is set to use gallery.selected, and the way that the new record is initiated does not properly initiate the new form with NewForm(EditForm1).

Unfortunately I can't think of anything else at the moment, if you are willing to share the app we can have a look at it to see if we can notice anything else.

fulmar57

Hi Dawidvh

Thanks for  your reply and sorry for the delay.

I've simplified the data and am happy to share this with you - and would be grateful if you can take a look.  How do I share the app with you?

Dawidvh
Level 10

Hu @fulmar57

Send me an email, we can setup a quick skype call to see if we can assist.

dawid.vanheerden@ukuvuma.co.za

Have a great day!