cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DofAVLien
Level: Powered On

saving microphone audio

Hello,

I wondered if there is any way to write out the audio from the microphone input. Some chap asked on the "Learn" page ( http://disq.us/p/1cc2pal ) corresponding to that control, but recieved no response. I am hard pressed to think of an instance where I would want to record audio & only use it in the app that did the recording. Is there something I am missing? Can we just save it anywhere, like a text record? I'm thinking "no".

There is documentation on how to get the audio into the PowerApp, but nothing to get the audio back out. Are we meant to run it all through Cortana before we can move the data elsewhere? If so, why not just have a STT input instead? I guess I could go old-school & dub it out if my headphone jack...

Cheers!

—D of A.V.L.ien

26 REPLIES 26
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: saving microphone audio

Hi D of A.V.L.ien,

I have seen an article about Microphone control in PowerApps, which says that we can use the SaveData function to save the recordings locally or the Patch function to update a data source. Hope this could be a reference for you:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/control-microphone/

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PDignan

Hi,

Just wondering has anyone been able to achieve Saving a microphone recording to a SharePoint list?

If so could someone quickly explain?

Thanks.

Sarahmifsud

Hi 

I am getting something like this when I save an audio file from Andriod or iPhone to SharePoint List:

data/bb788abd-7848-449f-810b-2bd6368dcb19.aac

temp/recording_8BA1187E-158A-469E-9994-F644C6F619D8-1610-000001A0FBF5F1F0.caf

Does anyone know how I can make use of this to convert it to playable audio, maybe using C# .. ?

Thanks!

Sarah

PDignan

Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately I haven't been able to save a recording to SharePoint list. Can you advise on how you achieved this?

I was only able to get it played back within the app.

Thanks.

Sarahmifsud

Patch(SharePointListName, ForAll(Gallery1.AllItems,{Title: Title, VoiceMessage:Audio})); 

Could you at least maybe let me know WHERE PowerApps stores Mic Recordings? Is there a database or folder anywhere ?

Cheers, 

Sarah

Sarahmifsud

any feedback please?

PDignan

Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately I am unable to help you out. I don't know where the recordings are stored. I can only manage to get the recordings to playback within the app. That is as far as I have gone.

mr-dang
Level 10

I am interested in this as well--but for CDS.

I know you can Collect() the audio from a mic into a temporary collection, but I don't know how it can be saved to an actual datasource. This might be something for an API to handle.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom
mpjjonker

I have the same question.

First step was sending an e-mail with the Audio file. This results in a 64encoded attachment that contains the audio.

When I decode this using an online service it produces a .webm file.

I can play this in the VLC player which tells me that the code is: Opus Audio.

So I think my question would be: can someone confirm that the base64 encoded string is in fact Opus Audio encoded sound/audio ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 121 members 4,573 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: