cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cchan000
Level: Powered On

sharepoint cascading dropdown. can't child control to write to sharepoint

hi. i'm very close. i have a cascading drop down on my sharepoint that references to another simple sharepoint list (IGRF_Targets).

the dropdown name for the child is dd_Target but when try using the formula in my UPDATE field, it gives me flags and does not work.

the parent works fine with the same formula in the update field (only difference is exchanging dd_Target with dd_Product).

on sharepoint, these fields were created with "single line of text" if that matters

a.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: sharepoint cascading dropdown. can't child control to write to sharepoint

Hey @cchan000 

Based on the items in the Dropdown List, I think the column that you want to fetch has a different name than Result. Please use the name from the suggestions provided in the PowerApps Studio.

If you are not confirmed about the column Name, you can create a temporary button and on the OnSelect property write the expression, ClearCollect(TestCollection,dd_Target.Selected). You can confirm the column name from here and use it.
You can remove this button once the test is done.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

What is the error message when you hover the red squiggly in ".Result"?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
cchan000

"Name isn't valid, this identifier isn't recognized."

but as you can see below, dd_Target is the name of my child dropdown.

b.png

cchan000

sorry can anyone help? thank you!

Super User
Super User

Hey @cchan000 

Based on the items in the Dropdown List, I think the column that you want to fetch has a different name than Result. Please use the name from the suggestions provided in the PowerApps Studio.

If you are not confirmed about the column Name, you can create a temporary button and on the OnSelect property write the expression, ClearCollect(TestCollection,dd_Target.Selected). You can confirm the column name from here and use it.
You can remove this button once the test is done.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
cchan000

hi. i created the temporary button. what is supposed to happen when i click on it?

cchan000

You were right! Result was incorrect.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 224 members 4,567 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: