cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paNewby
Level: Powered On

the specified record was not found. Server Response: item does not exist. it may have been deleted b

I have just created what I would call a little more than a 'vanilla' PowerApp. I used the basic template and modifed the forms to suit me. I did not change any names, just selected different fields and colors etc and I have created a couple of duplicate forms with slightly different representations of the data.

Now I am testing. When I select a record from the list, it takes me to an iterim form that displays some detail fields. I have created another button to open an editable form which displays the record. But when I try to edit the record and I am getting the message "the specified record was not found. Server Response: item does not exist. it may have been deleted by another user".

What is causing that error, what have I done wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: the specified record was not found. Server Response: item does not exist. it may have been delet

Hi paNewby,

What’s the data source?
What functions are you using on the Button control?
About the Edit form, how do you configure it? Please show me more details about it.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
paNewby

Re: the specified record was not found. Server Response: item does not exist. it may have been delet

What’s the data source?

I'm using a SharePoint list

What functions are you using on the Button control?

When the app opens I display a simple form  with a button that directs points the the form I want them to use

Navigate(BrowseScreen1, ScreenTransition.UnCover)

The Items for BrowseScreen1 is

SortByColumns(Filter(JobDetails, StartsWith(StreetName_, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "StreetName_", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

They select the item they want by pressing a control with OnSelect

Navigate(DetailScreen1, ScreenTransition.None)

DetailScreen1 lists some of the fields contained in the selected record. From there they press a button with OnSelect

Navigate(EditScreen1, ScreenTransition.Fade)

After they have made changes to EditScreen1 the Tick at the top of the form has the OnSelect

SubmitForm(EditForm1)

This is where it fails 

About the Edit form, how do you configure it? Please show me more details about it.

EditScreen1 has 6 fields on it. 3 of them I have marked disabled=true because I don't want the user changing them,

EditForm1 is, I presume, a container for the 6 fields. It was created by the template

At the top it has a cross on one side and a tick on the other. The tick is where it fails with the message I described

MihirY

I am also getting same error. This error occurring for me while I am navigating user to another screen immediately once they have submitted item to the list. I think powerapp is not smart enough to pick the last item that was added to the list. So many drawbacks with powerapps. Any one is using in realtime?

itemnotfound.png