Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwan_gain
Helper II
Helper II

Basic Forms in Portal management / Control on the Form's behavior

Hey. 🙂 
I have Problem to control on the basic Forms in the dataverse;  how can i control on the forms for Users, when they submit that Form for first time then the Form should set Mode as Display and after that should allows be as Edit to Update the User's Records every time he Submit it the form, just first time to create Records and then always as Edit 😞 

thanks a lot 
Jwan 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hugobernier
Administrator
Administrator

@jwan_gain you'll need to create two forms: one for create, one for edit (they can both point to the same form in Dataverse). You can use a conditional {% if %} statement to hide or show the right form depending on your logic (for example, if an ID was passed in as a query parameter or not).

I hope this helps?!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
hugobernier
Administrator
Administrator

@jwan_gain you'll need to create two forms: one for create, one for edit (they can both point to the same form in Dataverse). You can use a conditional {% if %} statement to hide or show the right form depending on your logic (for example, if an ID was passed in as a query parameter or not).

I hope this helps?!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (6,505)