cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cabrose
Frequent Visitor

Dataverse Form dropdown

Is there a way to display the lookup values as dropdown instead of opening the lookup modal dialog? I also cannot type in and search in the current field. I am doing a page in portal to update the contact location.

cabrose_0-1654510755622.png

when i press the search icon, this dialog box will pop-up

cabrose_1-1654510814892.png

8 REPLIES 8
pswider
Advocate II
Advocate II

You could create a component or use a third part component. There are also some great posts on customizing multi-select in D365. The same techniques would work for DV.

update: I thought you were using a multi-select field. Please ignore. 

NatGeo
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @cabrose,

It could be done by changing the of the filed in Form Metadata.

NatGeo_0-1654522628279.png

Hoping it helps.

NatGeo

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

As suggested by NatGeo using the Form's Metadata would be the usual way - just be aware that it does not work for related entities filtering (i.e. second lookup filters selectable results based on first lookup).

cabrose
Frequent Visitor

I have Country Lookup column but it is not showing in Attribute logical name when trying to add new basic form metadata. 

cabrose_0-1654772451539.png

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

if its the standard out the box field on Contact or Account then it will begin with  address1.... or address2...

cabrose
Frequent Visitor

I added a custom lookup column named as Country related to Country entity table.

cabrose
Frequent Visitor

I was able to make it a dropdown by your suggestion above but now the problem is the values that will be displayed in the State/Province does not filtered anymore by the selection of COuntry.

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, please see if this article helps you: Custom Lookup filtering on PowerApps Portals - Dancing with CRM

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (4,618)