cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dexter_Oz
Helper I
Helper I

File Type column not showing on advance form

I have a file type column added and published on form( trail env) but it does not shows on the Advance form in power portal that row comes blank in both new and edit form. Attachment option is enabled on table. Any ideas what configuration i missed.

Portal Page advance form ( edit form mode) and is same in new form. Earlier the message was coming for new form but now nothing shows up. 

Dexter_Oz_2-1660699837580.png

Column Type

Dexter_Oz_1-1660699681108.png

In the Tab form 

Dexter_Oz_0-1660699561329.png

Dexter_Oz_3-1660699923051.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NikitaPolyakov
Microsoft
Microsoft

File Type column is in Preview

Configure a file column on portals (preview) - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Important

• This site setting is required during the preview period.
  • You can't upload a file by using Insert mode on a basic form or an advanced form step.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dexter_Oz 

There is a ground rule: 

The record has to exist. i.e First you have to create the record,  Insert and Edit form will not show the File Type column. 

Note: Make sure you have set the table permissions properly 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

I have record saved when i open the same record again it does not still shows file upload. 

Hi @Dexter_Oz 

Can you delete the file type control from your advanced form and publish it? Make sure the control is unpublished. 

Then do the sync config. 

Then add the file type column again in your step then publish it >then do the sync config in the design studio.

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

NikitaPolyakov
Microsoft
Microsoft

File Type column is in Preview

Configure a file column on portals (preview) - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Important

• This site setting is required during the preview period.
  • You can't upload a file by using Insert mode on a basic form or an advanced form step.

Thanks, saved the day it worked. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,466)