cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elll
Helper I
Helper I

How do I get a form field to use data from a table?

I have a form field that needs to decide if it let a user continue or show an error message by looking at the information in a dataverse table or dataflow. 

The table has number and delete rows. If the user types a number that equals false, then they need an error message. 

I have no clue how to connect the table or dataflow to the form field. I have used a lookup column and it connects but I need it in a number column. 

Does anyone have any idea how to do this using portal and basic forms with powerapps tables or dataflows? Thanks for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @elll 

At a high level, if you use dataflows then it will actually create a dataverse table for you. 

For your scenario, 

1. Most likely you need to use jQuery/ javascript in your basic form and check the validation 

2. Throw an error message as per your condition specified. 

Using OOB error message we can display if the record fails to save or some basic scenarios.  So I presume you need jQuery to achieve this. 

Please post a screenshot to understand better. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

I think I need to use JQuery but I don't know how to reference the table.  
Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (10).png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Welcome Super Users.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,737)