cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jakesh
Helper I
Helper I

How to create a column that embeds a URL in a word or name on Power Pages dataverse table?

Hello.

I am trying to create a dataverse table to populate as list in a Power Page. In this list I am trying to add a couple of columns, one being a URL. But instead of displaying the full URL, how do I embed that URL into text?

For example instead of the field showing https://www.widgets.com I would like it to read Widgets Page with a url embedded to it. I haven't been able to find a solution for that, and it would seem like something very standard or easy to do. 

jakesh_0-1656686036374.png

Thanks so much.

4 REPLIES 4
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hey @jakesh 

You can achieve this via JavaScript once you add your list to a web page.  

In Portal management 

1. Under content > Web page > choose your web page 

2. localized content  >  Advanced > Custom Javascript 

3. Place and tweak the JS as per the below thread. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/Entity-list-replace-ahref-text-to-display-ico... 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

@ragavanrajan Thanks so much for your response.

I replaced the the following but didn't work for me. What do you think I am missing or what else do I need to replace in this code to make it work?

find("td[data-attribute='crb8e_urlcolumnname']")

Hi @jakesh 

Please post your console log messages here.  Can you check console.log line is printing?  Should be easy to fix if console.log is printed. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

@jakesh can you share the entire code? 

also are the URLs external or internal? if they are internal I am wondering if you should be looking at SiteMarkers instead 

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (2,815)