Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Audreyma
Helper III
Helper III

Loading of a specific web page is very slow in powerapps portal

Hi all,

I found that the loading of a specific web page is very slow in our powerapps portal.

The page consists of entity form and have 2 Javascript functions to record contact and accout automatically.

No other settings are included, what should I check to confirm the root cause?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Audreyma 

Thanks for the screenshots. It is a great way to analyze what is happening. 

Interesting to see your solution page is taking a slow load. 

Regarding the Azure Cold tier for the web app > Please raise a ticket with the support team. They can check the backend for you and try to optimise. Adding the link below for reference. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support?section=activity&ns-enrollmen...

Another suggestion is: 

Create a new page and try embedding your form and JS in the new page and delete the old solution page. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
hugobernier
Administrator
Administrator

Can you take a look at the Performance or Network tab it your browser's Developer Tools and see if there is a resource that is being called that takes longer?

If not, do you have any FetchXML statements (or other Liquid statements)?

Let us know!

ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Audreyma 

Please follow the instructions from @hugobernier .  In addition, I would check the lighthouse tab under chrome developer tools. This will provide you clear insights into your entire site performance, accessibility, etc..  screenshot below 

ragavanrajan_0-1661813117065.png

Also, Please note there is a high chance your power pages site might be in the Azure cold tier rather than the hot tier. Meaning, that if you do not use the site for a while behind the scene, the Azure web app will push the site builds to cold storage which will also cause a slow load initially. 

NB: Please remove any adblockers, or third-party extensions from the browser if you have them. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Hi @hugobernier ,

Below is the network screenshot when I redirected from home to the page.

I don't have FetchXML statements (or other Liquid statements) in this page

Audreyma_0-1661820941826.png

@ragavanrajan  Thank you for your suggestion!
I had a quick check about lighthouse, the performance is extremely bad.

Does it have something with the Azure cold tier you mentioned?  Any method to resolve it?

Audreyma_0-1661855755276.png

Hi @Audreyma 

Thanks for the screenshots. It is a great way to analyze what is happening. 

Interesting to see your solution page is taking a slow load. 

Regarding the Azure Cold tier for the web app > Please raise a ticket with the support team. They can check the backend for you and try to optimise. Adding the link below for reference. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/get-help-support?section=activity&ns-enrollmen...

Another suggestion is: 

Create a new page and try embedding your form and JS in the new page and delete the old solution page. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

Hi @ragavanrajan 

Thank you so much for your suggestion!

I found that a script of Azure Insight was inserted, after deleting it the webpage loading became much quicker.

Really appreciate all your help!

Glad it helped.

Kind Regards

Ragavan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (5,338)