cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CFerreira96

Multistep webform - record created when next button is clicked

Hi, I am relatively new to Power Apps Portals / Power Pages so any advice would be great.

I have created a very basic web form / advanced form / multistep form using the portal management studio which consists of two steps (all out-the-box, nothing fancy) and the form works as expected.

However, when I hit the next button on the first step, a record is created. Is there a way to prevent this from happening and only create a record when the final submit button is clicked?

A screen recording has been attached.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Every "next" click sends a POST and creates/updates the record, this is OOB behaviour and there isn't really anything we can do.

What I normally do is have a default Status/Stage as draft or in progress, and change that when the user submits in the final steps

than I control whatever I need in the back-end by statys

hope this makes sense

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Every "next" click sends a POST and creates/updates the record, this is OOB behaviour and there isn't really anything we can do.

What I normally do is have a default Status/Stage as draft or in progress, and change that when the user submits in the final steps

than I control whatever I need in the back-end by statys

hope this makes sense

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

Great thanks for this!

I thought it was a little weird as a record is created regardless of whether the required fields on the entity contained data or not but thanks for the workaround!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (5,923)