Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fernandosilva
Helper V
Helper V

New kid on the block

Hi there,

Great news about this new Power Tool.

I'm already excited about all the possibilities that Power Pages can achieve.

My multi question here is:

Can I export the created pages/site to be hosted in a different host and what type of language is exported (react, pure html, etc)?

Thank you,

Fernando

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

@fernandosilva 

If what you'd like to do is export a portal and to host it somewhere else (such as an external linux or Microsoft web hosting company), there's no way to do that. It's not possible to export a portal with React content that carries out the Dataverse/database connectivity.

The pac portal download command from the CLI will download the HTML content that makes up a portal, but there is some work you need to do to put all the content together.

If you've built a portal with static content, you might consider using a website ripping utility such as https://www.httrack.com/. That would provide a way to download the individual pages as HTML.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @fernandosilva 

Yes, it is possible to export it to Html. 

You can use a design studio

1. Click on the component 

2. On the top right you can click the code icon 

3. Copy the HTML source code 

Hope it helps.

------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

I see, the html has no header or footer or css link.

So, I believe that is something that will be developed soon as at the moment, there is no sufficient exported data from the design.

Also, don't accept your own answer as a solution.

Cheers.

Hi @fernandosilva 

There is a power platform cli where you can export full HTML with header. 

If you are interested I can share those details or you can use xrm toolbox 

Hope it helps.

------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

HI @ragavanrajan ,

If there is a way to do it, please share it.

Cheers,

Fernando

Hi @fernandosilva 

Sure. Please have a look at the official below CLI 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/portals/power-apps-cli-tutorial 

It is a good place to start. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

timl
Super User
Super User

@fernandosilva 

If what you'd like to do is export a portal and to host it somewhere else (such as an external linux or Microsoft web hosting company), there's no way to do that. It's not possible to export a portal with React content that carries out the Dataverse/database connectivity.

The pac portal download command from the CLI will download the HTML content that makes up a portal, but there is some work you need to do to put all the content together.

If you've built a portal with static content, you might consider using a website ripping utility such as https://www.httrack.com/. That would provide a way to download the individual pages as HTML.

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @fernandosilva please let us know if previous replies answer your question.

On top of what was said.. when exporting the pages (via CLI for example) this will export the custom HTML/JavaScript that you may have applied to that page.. but it won't export the entire HTML code behind that page.

Power Pages is a platform in which we build on top of it.. but we don't have access to the source code of the platform itself 

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (2,526)