cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SagarKonda
Frequent Visitor

Power Portal Licensing

Hi Team,

I'm just curious to understand the Power App Portal Licensing for external users. My Portal is in Tenant A and the external users accessing the Portal are from another Tenant in this case there will be almost 25 external users so the license requirement for a month would be around 25*30= 750 logins/ month required which requires me to buy 8 units of Power Apps Portal Login Capacity add on Tier 1 which would cost me around 8*200$= 1600$ per month.

My question is can't i assign the Power App Per app license (5$/per app/month)  to these 25 external Users which are from different tenant which would cost me around 25*5$ = 125$ per month so the cost can be reduced ?

Will this work around work or am I missing any concept in the licensing to external users please explain on this?

11 REPLIES 11
JulienF
Helper I
Helper I

Hello @ragavanrajan 

Microsoft is quite clear that using guest users on canvas app is possible https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-guests, including the assignment of licenses which can be done at environment level if you use Power Apps per App passes

Thank you all for your feedbacks

Hi @JulienF 

No worries. FYA. This forum is dedicated to Power Pages. My answers are related to Power pages external user access. 

I hope it helps you in some way. 

------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (3,895)