cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SagarKonda
Frequent Visitor

Power Portal integration with Finance and Operations (F & O) Application

Hi Team,

I want to create a Power App Portal to be integrated to Finance & Operations (F&O) Application. My Portal should be able to perform CRUD operations on the (F&O) entities.

• Can an external user will be able to perform CRUD operations for (F&O) ?
  • Will there be any additional license requirement for an external user to be able to perform actions in Power Portal to integrate data from Power Portal to (F&O) application?
  • If I purchase login capacity for external users will that suffice my ability for external user to be able to do CRUD operations in (F&O) application
  • Will i need any additional azure services or licensing or capabilities so that data can be Created/ Read/Updated from (F&O) to Power Portal and Vice Versa 
  • If I want to use WebAPI for custom Portal development to be able to interact with F&O entities will there be any restriction on CRUD operations as from the microsoft documentation i see F&O application entities are created as virtual entities in Power Platform Environment?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, again. You can use FO. Please read the documentation I sent. The best part is you do not need to setup dual write. The virtual entities go straight to the source. 

I can't help with licensing questions. They change to often.

Please mark as complete if this helped. Thanks!

Paul 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

At the moment you will need your data in DataVerse (or DataVerse Virtual Entitity) and the user logging in will be a DataVerse Contact record (or anonymous).  Most likely you would need to implement dual-write (or what ever it may be called now).

This link is how someone has done it in the past https://en.dynagile.com/blogandnews/zrfbq8bvm8qqsztcutjtl9b7l9idrc

pswider
Advocate II
Advocate II

You are correct. You can use Portals (Dataverse) with FO as virtual entities for CRUD. Anonymous user is supported. Big and very recent announcement. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/fin-ops-core/dev-itpro/power-platform/virtual-entities-...

Great question regarding Web API support. It would be great to have someone at MS answer this.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/fin-ops-core/dev-itpro/power-platform/power-portal-refe...

SagarKonda
Frequent Visitor

@Fubar @pswider 

So this means I can integrate F&O with Power Portal using Virtual Entities in Dataverse using Dual Write Method ?

So does this require any additional licensing apart from login model or page view model for external users in Power App Portal to implement Dual Write method using virtual entities in F&O ? Please clarify on this as I'm confused on licensing part

Yes, again. You can use FO. Please read the documentation I sent. The best part is you do not need to setup dual write. The virtual entities go straight to the source. 

I can't help with licensing questions. They change to often.

Please mark as complete if this helped. Thanks!

Paul 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (5,242)