cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Isabella1229
Frequent Visitor

Power apps license

Hello,

We want to buy power apps licenses for our users, but found has a new type which is called Power apps per apps license. And I ' m a little bit confused , for example one environment conclude one canvas app , one model driven app and one Portal. So if we buy Power apps per apps license , then one user need three license right? And when they use these apps with per app license has other differences from Power apps per user license. Do Portal need separate license. And what internal and external user's different?

Looking forward to you reply.
BR
Isabella

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Isabella1229 

I will try to explain it in a simple way. PFB, official pricing. 

1. If you have a plan to access more than one app ( combination of any app types)  most likely you need to buy Power Apps Per user license. This will save you cost.  

The new model is PAY as you GO 

ragavanrajan_0-1663104971480.png

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/ 

Portals allow your external user to access information using authenticated or unauthenticated. ( we can go deep dive into this if required). 

I hope the above info is useful. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Isabella1229 

I will try to explain it in a simple way. PFB, official pricing. 

1. If you have a plan to access more than one app ( combination of any app types)  most likely you need to buy Power Apps Per user license. This will save you cost.  

The new model is PAY as you GO 

ragavanrajan_0-1663104971480.png

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/ 

Portals allow your external user to access information using authenticated or unauthenticated. ( we can go deep dive into this if required). 

I hope the above info is useful. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Hello @ragavanrajan ,

Really thank you for your respond. Give me a hug help. But one question  one app ( combination of any app types) , this means the per app license combines (canvas and model driven and portal right?) . Because our application include one canvas  one model driven and one portal which used by different role user. But super user needs to use three of them. If I request license for super user, I need apply three per app licenses or only one per app license.

Yes @Isabella1229 

Per-app licenses include any app type. (The screenshot covers this info) As per your current scenario, you have three apps. So the best fit will be to procure a per-user license. Considering futuristic opportunities. 

Hope it helps.

------------

The info is in the Microsoft Power Apps and Power Automate Licensing Guide (link on this page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus#power-apps-and-power-auto... ) which states

The Power Apps per app plan allows individual users to run 1 custom application (be it canvas or model)
or access 1 custom portal based on the full capabilities of Power Apps.

And to the latter part of your question the Portal is licenced differently for Unauthenticated Users, External Authenticated Users, and Internal Authenticated Users - Page Views, Login Capacity, and App licences respectively.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (6,363)