Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ansrikanth
Resolver III
Resolver III

SYSTEM user settings

Hi all

we are seeing day-light issues when we are creating the records from Portal. Basically, when user selects the date as 13/07/2022 14:00 then we are seeing the record in CRM as 13/07/2022 13:00, Does any of you seen this kind of behaviour? 

I'm expecting we should be having some setting which would default the SYSTEM user's time zone to UTC-0 (London), any thoughts?

Thank you

-Srikanth

5 REPLIES 5
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @ansrikanth 

You can set the timezone settings in the advanced settings. 

1. Open portal management app 

2.  Click settings > Personalisation settings 

3. Under the general tab > under timezone > set your appropriate time zone 

ragavanrajan_0-1658113073949.png

This will solve your issue. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@ragavanrajan you cant do that for "SYSTEM"

@ansrikanth there is a tool in XrmToolBox that lets you set a users personal settings - last time I tried it you could use it on SYSTEM.  Alternatively you can do it via a Flow on the User Settings table.  BUT, first be sure that that is where the time difference is coming from, you can also get time differences based on the portal users browser and desktop settings.

ansrikanth
Resolver III
Resolver III

Thanks @Fubar , I have tried the xRM toolbox plug-in, that didn't worked unfortunately for systemuser account. It throws some ugly error..

Thank you

-Srikanth 

Hi @ragavanrajan 

That would set my personal settings but the actual portal record creation happening via System account.

Thank you

-Srikanth 

My apologies @ansrikanth. Silly me. Did you check the @Fubar solution? You could try powerautomate. If not please let us know. cheers 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (3,734)