cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeroenJanssens
Helper II
Helper II

usersettings With Id = xxxx Does Not Exist error

I made a custom entity form on Dynamics 365 Portals for a custom entity.  When I try to submit the form, I get this error: usersettings With Id = xxxx Does Not Exist.  The Id mentioned is the id of the SYSTEM user.

Any idea what is missing?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GeraldGut
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @JeroenJanssens,

make sure that also no other workflow is triggered. 🙂

The deactivated one cannot throw the error.

Methods to identify the plugin:

1. Have a look at the plugin registration tool and check which plugins are registered for the custom entity creation (steps)

2. My suggestion is to use XrmToolbox with Plugin-Tracer Add-In and filter for Exceptions or have a look at the last executions to see what happens when creation is triggered. There you can also see the exception message and in case you have tracing steps inside plugins where the error happens.

GeraldGut_0-1667829428459.png

Best regards,

Gerald Gut

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

are you assigning via workflow/plugin the record to a different user or something? 

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

Not that I am aware off.

GeraldGut
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @JeroenJanssens,

for analysis I would do the following: 

1. Identify what triggers this error

ToDo's:

1. Check which workflows are registered for this custom entity for creation

2. Check which plugins are registered for this custom entity for creation 

3. Check Plugin-Traces if somewhere the error shows up after triggering the creation

4. After you identified the plugin or workflow dig deeper and check for assignment of record. Maybe during debugging you will see the faulty code already...

First of all you need to know where the error is thrown in my oppinion. 

You can then also forward this information here. On the current basis it is hard to find out what wents wrong.

Maybe you could also try to change the user's context after you identified the workflow/plugin.

Best regards,

Gerald Gut

JeroenJanssens
Helper II
Helper II

I have a workflow that on create, if a condition is met, shares the record with another user and updates a field of that record. Then regardless of the condition, the owner of the record is set with another user.

I added another condition in the workflow so that the command that sets the owner is skipped if the form is filled via the portal.  But I still get the same error on the portal when submitting the form.

How can I verify that this flow is the problem?  The workflow is not running in the background so it doesn't appear in the systemjob logs.

JeroenJanssens
Helper II
Helper II

I deactivated this workflow entirely and tried to save but I still got the error.  I will keep looking ...

JeroenJanssens
Helper II
Helper II

How can I check the plugins?

GeraldGut
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @JeroenJanssens,

make sure that also no other workflow is triggered. 🙂

The deactivated one cannot throw the error.

Methods to identify the plugin:

1. Have a look at the plugin registration tool and check which plugins are registered for the custom entity creation (steps)

2. My suggestion is to use XrmToolbox with Plugin-Tracer Add-In and filter for Exceptions or have a look at the last executions to see what happens when creation is triggered. There you can also see the exception message and in case you have tracing steps inside plugins where the error happens.

GeraldGut_0-1667829428459.png

Best regards,

Gerald Gut

@JeroenJanssens wrote:

How can I check the plugins?

Turn on the Trace log in Dataverse plugin and custom workflow activity failures get logged there https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/developer/data-platform/logging-tracing#enable-trace-lo....   

JeroenJanssens
Helper II
Helper II

I discovered which workflow/plugin caused the error.  I will try to find another solution for performing that logic.  Thanks to everyone who helped!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (1,725)