cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sguerrero1971
Level: Powered On

Another way to approve a file from FLOW?

I have created a FLOW that watches a folder in Sharepoint and triggers when new or updated files are added to the folder.  This is working well and the user is happy with the process for most of the month.  However at the end of each month they receive hundreds of files for approval all at once, and it becomes hard for them to cross reference these files to other material because they don't come to them in any particular order.

What they have asked is if there is a way for us to create a method that would allow them to see the folder the files come to, and possibly approve the files from there rather than approve each file from the email the FLOW generates.  

My thought is to create two FLOWS, one to simply inform the approving user that a new file has been added to the document library with a link to the file, and a second that watches a column of the documents in that folder and moves the files to another folder if it is changed to approved and then sends an email to the creator and approver informing them that the file has been approved.

I'm wondering if there is a better way of doing this that I am not aware of? 

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
anabananei
Level: Powered On

Re: Another way to approve a file from FLOW?

Hello,

You may refer to this link: https://wonderlaura.com/2018/07/18/button-in-sharepoint-list-to-trigger-microsoft-flow/

There are buttons instead of sending emails everytime the file was modified. You just need to use the correct actions. By the way, this use "For a selected item" in which you manually trigger the flow. Hope this helps.

Ana

anros1
Level: Power Up

You should be able to accomplish this more authoritative approval flow using a combination of the content approval feature for your list or library and flow by using the "Set content approval status" action in flow to provide that approval. It takes more work to set up, I agree, but once set up, it should be able to do exactly what you want. 

Cheers,Anna Trampoline

Administrator
Administrator

Hello, @sguerrero1971!

Have you had an opportunity to apply @anros1‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 192 members 4,703 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: