Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lreinhard7
Level 8

Approval Email - Force user to enter comment if rejected

Hi,

I have a request where a user that rejects an approval email needs to enter a comment.

To my knowledge it is currently possible to leave the comment blank.

Is there a way to enforce users entering something if they reject an approval?

Best regards,

Ludwig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Approval Email - Force user to enter comment if rejected

Hi @lreinhard7,

Do you want to enforce users entering comments if they reject an approval email?

I afraid that there is no way to enforce users entering comments within Approval email sent via Microsoft Flow directly, if you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

In addition, you could consider take a try to create a flow that if the approvers don't enter comments when they reject the approval, same approval email (in a loop action, until the comments are not empty) would be sent to them again. Please take a try with the following workaround as an alternative way:

• Add a proper trigger, here I use Flow Button trigger.
  • Add a "Start an approval" action, specify Assigned to value.
  • Add a "Condition", click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:
@and(equals(body('Start_an_approval')?['response'], 'Reject'),empty(body('Start_an_approval')?['comments']))
  • Within "If/yes" branch of Condition, add a "Do Until" action. Within Condition box of "Do Until" action, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:
@not(empty(body('Start_an_approval_2')?['comments']))

Within "Do Until" action, add a "Send an email" action. Then add a "Start an approval 2" action, specify Assigned to value.

Image reference:4.JPG

5.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:6.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @lreinhard7,

Do you want to enforce users entering comments if they reject an approval email?

I afraid that there is no way to enforce users entering comments within Approval email sent via Microsoft Flow directly, if you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

In addition, you could consider take a try to create a flow that if the approvers don't enter comments when they reject the approval, same approval email (in a loop action, until the comments are not empty) would be sent to them again. Please take a try with the following workaround as an alternative way:

• Add a proper trigger, here I use Flow Button trigger.
  • Add a "Start an approval" action, specify Assigned to value.
  • Add a "Condition", click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:
@and(equals(body('Start_an_approval')?['response'], 'Reject'),empty(body('Start_an_approval')?['comments']))
  • Within "If/yes" branch of Condition, add a "Do Until" action. Within Condition box of "Do Until" action, click "Edit in advanced mode", type the following formula:
@not(empty(body('Start_an_approval_2')?['comments']))

Within "Do Until" action, add a "Send an email" action. Then add a "Start an approval 2" action, specify Assigned to value.

Image reference:4.JPG

5.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:6.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
lreinhard7
Level 8

Hello Kris,

Many thanks for your feedback.

This is a great workaround and I believe it will do the job for me.

Many thanks and best regards,

Ludwig

>