cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VTEC
Level: Powered On

Approval Flow - Keep sending approval request item if comments have been posted in word document

Hi All,

Have you experienced to receive many approval items in flow center as I posted some comments using word online before i am going to reject it?

The workflow I setup is using [When a file is created or modified].

Does any workaround to check whether the reviewer has received the approval item and not keep sending the approval email and generate approval item in approval center?

Please advice and assist.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Approval Flow - Keep sending approval request item if comments have been posted in word document

Hi @VTEC,

The function to check if check whether the reviewer has received the approval item and not keep sending the approval email and generate approval item in approval center is not supported in microsoft flow currently.

I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regard,

Alice

Highlighted
VTEC
Level: Powered On

Re: Approval Flow - Keep sending approval request item if comments have been posted in word document

Hi Alice,

Thanks for your advice and info. For this case, what's the best practice shall I handle this case?

They would like to click the document link, opening word document using Word Online and following put their comments for word contents. Once done, posting it to SharePoint directly.

Another finding that I find out is SharePoint metadata can't be updated if one of the reviewers still open the document.

The flow will throw error that someone is locking the file. Thus the update file properties transaction can't work. Does it any alternatvie solution to handle this?

Please help.

Thanks.

Rgrds,

VTEC

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 333 members 1,754 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: