cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vvuengie
Level: Powered On

Automatic Download of Flow History

does anyone know if it is possible to download a flow's history on an automated schedule?

or is it possible stream the status of a flow to power bi using streaming dataset? my goal is to be able to create a  highly visible dashboard for people to quickly see the status of flow approvals.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Automatic Download of Flow History

Hi @vvuengie,

Do you want to download a flow's run history on an automated schedule?

Further, do you want to stream the status of a flow to Power BI using streaming dataset?

If you want to download a flow's run history on an automated schedule within Microsoft Flow, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently. If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

In addition, if you want to stream the approval status of a flow to Power BI using streaming dataset, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently. If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @vvuengie,

Do you want to download a flow's run history on an automated schedule?

Further, do you want to stream the status of a flow to Power BI using streaming dataset?

If you want to download a flow's run history on an automated schedule within Microsoft Flow, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently. If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

In addition, if you want to stream the approval status of a flow to Power BI using streaming dataset, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently. If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

vvuengie

Thanks for the response Kris.

I had a feeling this would be the answer.

Many companies have multiple levels of approvals when it comes to certain things and haing the ability to create a dashboard to display all flows currently in progress and see "who/where" the hold up is would be a good feature.

Right now only the owners woud have access to navigate to each individual flow and look at the history.

Guess another route would be to add actions within the flow to write to a custom SharePoint list at each approval step and report off of that which just adds a lot of overhead to a flow design.

Administrator
Administrator

Hey, @vvuengie!

Thank you for posting to the Flow Community Forum! It appears you have found a solution to your issue! If you feel as though your issue has been solved and you are satisfied with one of the previous replies, please click "Accept as Solution" so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

(Flow Community Admin)

-Gabriel
Microsoft Flow Community Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable

How is that a solution the user is complaining there is no solution and you mark that as solution?

vvuengie

sorry if i should not have marked it "solved" ... it was my first posted question ... don't even see an option to remove the check mark
awlskier
Level: Power Up

How have you solved for that?  I believe you said writing to a list, but not sure if you have solution writeup or found one?

vvuengie

hi awlskier. the feature I was searching for are not available per MS. we did play around with adding additional steps in our flows to write statuses out to Sharepoint but concluded it was too much of an effort to sustain and support. 

Highlighted
dimitron

Has a feature request for this issue been submitted? We are also interested in this functionality. We have many flows running on a 1 minute recurrence, and quite frankly navigating to a history item for a specific run lets say yesterday morning, is quite the hassle. 

As an alternative, we would like to see some more filtering and sorting capbilities in the history overview.

Right now I use script triggering the "show more" onclick in a loop, but that's just silly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 400 members 3,064 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: