Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TimW
Level: Powered On

Bug: When an item is created or modified does not run for all changes

Hi everyone,

This is just a FYI which might save some time and confusion for others. If you use the "When an item is created or modified" trigger and make rapid changes to the same SharePoint list item you will only get a single run triggered with the data from the most recent change. I logged a ticket in February about this and have now finally been told that engineering are working on a resolution but there is no ETA.

Thanks,

Tim

6 REPLIES 6
MihirY

Re: Bug: When an item is created or modified does not run for all changes

What kind of ticket you have raised? SharePoint support ticket or raised to MS Flow team?

TimW

It went to the Power Apps and Flow Support team, I was told it was escalated to engineering.

MihirY

Is there any link available to see that ticket? If yes, could you please post that link here?

TimW

No, I can give the ticket number but that won't do any good! I've got a chain of emails but I couldn't find any way to see the history on the tickets. I can see them in the admin portal https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com but no history there.

Super User
Super User

Thank you so much for caring about the community and giving us this feedback.

I think this is a frequent question, and you are going foward to solve this, this is awesome!

We have an ideia that was declined about this theme

I think that this will take a long way until a resolution.

If possible, accept my message as solution or create one for this, so others will be able to find this topic more easily and be helped with this problem.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Gustavo Moraes, o astronauta brasileiro do Flow!

TimW

@gamoraesthe issue is that when many changes are made within a short space of time (e.g. less than one minute) to a list item, only the data for the last change is sent to the triggered Flow. The documentation for the trigger "When an item is created or modified" here states "Triggers when an item is created, and also each time it is modified." which is not the case.

You can see this for yourself by creating a SharePoint list with one or two columns, create a Flow on the list with the trigger "When an item is created or modified" which sends an email containing the list item values. Then add an item to the list and make a few quick changes to it. You will not receive an email for every change. If you enable version control on the list you can compare the version history to the Flow runs.

>