cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hochman
Level: Powered On

Can't get a FLOW to work with a SHARED Notebok (One Note), which I am not the owner.

I am currently working in automating a step to send an email with Daily update that is generated in One Note.

While trying to automate the task that should run every weekday at 4:30 pm, I noticed that the flow works if I am the owner of the Notebook.

If I point the flow to read from a shared notebook in One Note, which is the scenario I would like to automate, I can see the item in the "Notebook Key" dropdown but when I try to select the Section, I get the following error: "Could not retrieve values. Error; the requested notebook or section may have been deleted or is otherwise inaccessible."

I have attached the images below for reference.

I have tried to use the section ID, API Urls, etc but couldn't make the flow works if I am not the owner. Everything works fine if I point to my notebooks to test the flow.

Any thoughts?

Notebook key that I need to point to is the "Dailyemail" below.

My Notebook Key is "Nelson @ One Drive" below, that works fine.

Thanks in advance!

Edit your flow  Microsoft Flow 2019-06-12 15-36-52(1).png

Edit your flow  Microsoft Flow 2019-06-12 15-37-51(1).pngEdit your flow  Microsoft Flow 2019-06-12 15-35-06(1).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
hochman

Re: Can't get a FLOW to work with a SHARED Notebok (One Note), which I am not the owner.

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

I did everything that was possible but it didn't work with a shared file.

I had to create another OneNote under my account and then my flow now is working 100%.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Can't get a FLOW to work with a SHARED Notebok (One Note), which I am not the owner.

Hi @hochman ,

Thank you for your feedback. I have tested it on my side. If the specified Notebook has been shared with us, even if we are not the Owner, we can successfully configure the trigger.

This issue may occur if the specified Notebook has been deleted by Owner.

Please check if the specified Notebook is accessible.

If you could access the specified Notebook normally, please try to have the Owner re-share the Notebook with you, assign the appropriate permissions, and then reconfigure the similar Flow.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
hochman

Hi @v-bacao-msft , thanks for your prompt feedback.

I can confirm that the Notebook is working and everyone can access it.

I have asked the Owner to remove and then add me back to be able to edit and I am having the same issues.

At this stage, I have 2 options:

1- Ask the owner to create the flow for me and share the step with me or;

2 - Create one Notebook under my user to be able to run the automation.

Any idea how I could fix this issue?

Thanks!

Dailyemail 2019-06-13 12-32-48(1).pngMonosnap 2019-06-13 12-33-55(1).png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @hochman ,

I am afraid that I can't reproduce such an issue here, you could check if other users have the same problem.

You could try to reconfigure the connection and then reconfigure a similar Flow.

In addition, you could also try Team Flow you mentioned, let other users create a similar Flow, and share the Flow as Team Flow to you.

Note that you may need to select the connection shared by other users. If use your own account, the problem may still appear.

Please try again.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
hochman

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

I did everything that was possible but it didn't work with a shared file.

I had to create another OneNote under my account and then my flow now is working 100%.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 90 members 4,288 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: