cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skylitedave
Level 10

Cant approve in email any longer.. now takes me to the approval center

Hi

I have an approval flow that sends an email, but I can no longer approve within the email.  It is taking me to the approval center in Flow when I select the Approve or Reject button and no longer letting me approve/reject and add comments within the email. 

Any suggestions on how to allow the user to approve and reject without going to the approval center in Flow...  I thought this used to work so you could approve within an email...

Maybe I am missing something obvious

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Cant approve in email any longer.. now takes me to the approval center

Yes, you'd want to use Create an approval (V2) which would allow you to create your own custom email, and add the Accept/Reject options. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps we could likely better assist you.

Make sure you are using the Send an approval email action and that the User options includes Approve, Reject as in below screenshot (wiki post):

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

skylitedave
Level 10

I am using a "Start and Wait for Approval" action.  Is that the issue? 

Do the approval actions require the user to go to the approval center and they can not  approve within an email?

screenshot.jpg

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Yes, you'd want to use Create an approval (V2) which would allow you to create your own custom email, and add the Accept/Reject options. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 4,650 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: