cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Animoroly
Level: Powered On

Concatenate columns from list

Hello,

I have a apply to each on a sharepoint list, and for each result I get I want to define a variable where I concatenate 2 columns from the list.

Ex: I have a colums "father: jon" and other "child: jack" and I want to have "jon-jack"

I tried this:

concat(triggerBody()?['father'],'-', triggerBody()?['child'])
But it didn't work...

Someone can help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Concatenate columns from list

Hi @Animoroly , why not just add the two columns from the SharePoint list into a Compose action from the dynamic content with a dash between them. You can then use the output from the Compose to do something else. In my example in the image below below it updates another column with the result.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

0-Flow.png

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Animoroly , why not just add the two columns from the SharePoint list into a Compose action from the dynamic content with a dash between them. You can then use the output from the Compose to do something else. In my example in the image below below it updates another column with the result.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

0-Flow.png

Super User
Super User

@Animoroly 

Quick question so I understand your issue a little better....

Does the data stored in the column look like "Father: John" or is the column name Father and the data stored in that column "Jon"?

What was the output of the concat expression that you used? 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
>