cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy document sets from 1 library to another library

On Jun 5, 2019, MS announced in techcommunity that “Modern document sets should be fully visible in all Targeted Release tenants, as of yesterday afternoon. Everybody who saw it once should now again see it.”
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint/Update-Document-Sets-in-Modern-Document-Libraries/...
Lincoln DeMaris replied to sjakester‎05-09-2019 09:48 AM
“@sjakester Flow on document sets and items in document sets will work the same as Flow on folders and items in folders today.”
But, I could not create a FLOW to copy a document set in 1 document library to another document library. Trigger: ‘When a file is created or modified(properties only), then ‘Get files (properties only), Get file properties. When an ‘Approval Status’ column is equal to ‘Approve’ is YES, copy folder. But, this failed.
Maybe I don’t understand Lincoln DeMaris’s comment.
Your insight is much appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14
v-lin-msft
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you provide a screenshot of the current configuration, please?
So that we can more accurately analyze the problems you have encountered.

You can also show us the screenshot of document set setting page, we want to see the content type.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi v-lin-msft,

Thank you for your response.

I attached screenshots.  I may not have the correct trigger..

- created new Document Set content type; added new columns in the content type

- when 'Publish' column equals 'Approve' in a Document Set, copy the Document Test from Library1 to Library2.

Result: FLOW ran. Condition Express result : False.  Copy folder - ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied. The execution of template action 'Copy_folder' skipped: the branching condition for this action is not satisfied.

and it didn't copy.

I noticed that after I activated 'Document Set' in site collection level, Parent of the OOB Document Set Content Types shows 'Document Collection Folder' and parent of my custom Document Set Content Type shows 'Document' and 'Document Set'.

EDM Content Type Group.PNGEDM Content Type Group.PNGEDM DocumentSet.PNGEDM DocumentSet.PNGEDM Document.PNGEDM Document.PNGLibrary1_FLOW_step1and2.PNGLibrary1_FLOW_step1and2.PNGLibrary1_FLOW_step3.PNGLibrary1_FLOW_step3.PNGLibary1_result.PNGLibary1_result.PNG

Hi @Anonymous,

Your Flow Actions a re slightly confused. Let me try to break it down a bit.

You trigger when ANY file in your document library is created or modified. This means it will trigger when files within the document set are also added or modified and then you go and get all files within the document library where Archive is true. This makes the original trigger moot and unnecessary as you never use the details it provides. For the trigger I would use a Scheduled trigger to run daily (or more frequently if you prefer) and the call your Get Items action. Well done for using a filter query. I might just add a content type filter here as well to ensure you only get document set items and not document items.

Next up you do a For each, which is right, but then you check for the Approve value in the Publish field. This is unnecessary as you have already limited your set of items to those that have that value set to approve from your filter query.

Lastly, you are trying to copy the ENTIRE document library “Library 1” to the target library “Library 2”, not the actual Document set / Folder.

You would need to put in here the dynamic element from the Get Items that is the Path property.

I have tried this with document sets, so can’t confirm if it will work properly and am only on my cell phone so try that and if it doesn’t work I’ll mock up an example.

- Mark
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MarkStokes 

I created the Document Set in a document library.  When I tried to use Get_items, it expect list items.

I created a new FLOW - 

1. enabled 'Content Approval' in Library1

2. Schedule and 2 new filters - Publish eq 'Approve';  Content Type eq 'EDM DocumentSet'.  When the creator updates all documents inside Document Set and the and the Document Set itself to Publish eq 'Approve' .

3. then step 2 will trigger an email to Approver to approve all documents and the Document Set.

4. Once Approve approved, Copy Document Set from Library1 to Library2.

I looked through the next Action step after step 2; I cannot find the correct Action Step to copy an Approved Document Set.

Really aLibrary1_06132019_FLOWConfig.PNGLibrary1_06132019_FLOWConfig.PNGLibrary1_06132019.2.PNGLibrary1_06132019.3PNG.PNGppreciate your help.

Hi @Anonymous,

If you want to copy files from library 1 to another library 2, you need library 2 that also contains columns from your original file library.Annotation 2019-06-14 102727.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I do have the same columns in Library2

Library2Library2

Hi @Anonymous 

I am just running some tests. At the most basic the Copy Folder action DOES work with Document Sets, so the problem is not there.

1.png

Then, I enabled Content Approval on the Source Document Library and tried again. It still worked.

I created a pending and rejected document set.

Then I updated my Flow to more closely match yours and see what outputs I get from the Get Files Action using Compose actions.

2.png

I see that I can filter on 

"{ContentType}": {
    "@odata.type": "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedContentType",
    "Id": "0x0120D5200093E450682F0ED645AA65B60DE0CDD165",
    "Name": "Document Set"
},
"{ContentType}#Id": "0x0120D5200093E450682F0ED645AA65B60DE0CDD165"

3.png

This now returns me JUST my Document sets and not the documents within them.

The REAL hard bit now is that we can't actually get access to the Content Approval status in Flow. It should be a field called _ModerationStatus. So the only two ways around it are another Approved Column on the Source list that someone completes manually... which makes the Content Approval redundant or we use a Send HTTP to SharePoint which is not very Power User Friendly, but looks like this:

4.png

Now we can perform a condition on the returned values here (0=Approved) and do our Copy Folder action passing in the Dynamic Elements for Folder Path and Name (the folder name)

6.png

And it works! 

I hope that helps and I hope you can understand the Send HTTP to SharePoint and Parse JSON. If not, let me know and we can try to extend on those bits.

- Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MarkStokes, thank you so much. I will try and revert back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MarkStokes

Thank you for the explanation.  I have read up on 'Send an HTTP request to Sharepoint' - it is very powerful.

In your screenshot,

'Send an HTTP request to Sharepoint' - Uri - did it reference a document library or a list?

'Parse JSON' - did the screenshot display all the lines?

I am trying to follow to set it up.

Thanks.

I found this - https://spblog.net/post/2019/05/29/microsoft-flow-guides-how-to-run-a-flow-when-a-document-is-publis...

I tried to set it up for Document Set.  I couldn't get it to work.  I couldn't get the uri correctly. Documents are inside document set.  

Sorry this is the wrong account!

Sorry for the delay in replying!

The ‘Send HTTP to SharePoint’ is pointing at a document library (even though it looks like it’s asking for a list. Basically a Document Library IS a list at its most fundamental part).

And in the Parse JSON, what you see there is the ‘schema’. This is like a description of how the JSON should look. Yours might be different to mine.

Put a ‘Compose’ after the Send HTTP to SharePoint , put the Body into that, get the JSON from that action into the “Generate Schema” link and use that in the Parse JSON Action.

Let me now if you’ve figured this out yet or still need help.

- Mark

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you managed to try this yet? and has it worked?

If it works for you then please accept my answer as a solution so others can learn from it.

- Mark

Hi @MarkStokes 

I am misssp.  I updated my publicname. 

Thanks.  I managed to create it.  Yes, it worked. Have to pay attention to : 'OData__ModerationStatus'.  

I had to create 2 Flows though. 

1. Approval FLOW - Start and wait for an approval. If outcome = Approve, use 'Switch' - EITHER 'Set content approval status' to Approve OR 'Set content approval status' to Reject.  Couple of Strange issues:  it does not update 'Approval Status' for documents inside a document set. 'Link to item' is for the document but not the document set.  I have 1 document but I received 2 approval emails for the same document.  Document remained as 'Pending' and Document set showed as 'Approved'

2. Copy Document Set FLOW -  use the steps that you provided.  Both documents and document sets are copied.  Now, I have to figure out when 2 document sets were already approved and copied to Library2, how to prevent them being copied again.  

Do you know if I have 1 FLOW only.  I tried numerous times to try to use 1 FLOW instead of 2.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements

Exclusive LIVE Community Event: Power Apps Copilot Coffee Chat with Copilot Studio Product Team

It's time for the SECOND Power Apps Copilot Coffee Chat featuring the Copilot Studio product team, which will be held LIVE on April 3, 2024 at 9:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).     This is an incredible opportunity to connect with members of the Copilot Studio product team and ask them anything about Copilot Studio. We'll share our special guests with you shortly--but we want to encourage to mark your calendars now because you will not want to miss the conversation.   This live event will give you the unique opportunity to learn more about Copilot Studio plans, where we’ll focus, and get insight into upcoming features. We’re looking forward to hearing from the community, so bring your questions!   TO GET ACCESS TO THIS EXCLUSIVE AMA: Kudo this post to reserve your spot! Reserve your spot now by kudoing this post.  Reservations will be prioritized on when your kudo for the post comes through, so don't wait! Click that "kudo button" today.   Invitations will be sent on April 2nd.Users posting Kudos after April 2nd at 9AM PDT may not receive an invitation but will be able to view the session online after conclusion of the event. Give your "kudo" today and mark your calendars for April 3, 2024 at 9:30 AM PDT and join us for an engaging and informative session!

Tuesday Tip: Unlocking Community Achievements and Earning Badges

TUESDAY TIPS are our way of communicating helpful things we've learned or shared that have helped members of the Community. Whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned pro, Tuesday Tips will help you know where to go, what to look for, and navigate your way through the ever-growing--and ever-changing--world of the Power Platform Community! We cover basics about the Community, provide a few "insider tips" to make your experience even better, and share best practices gleaned from our most active community members and Super Users.   With so many new Community members joining us each week, we'll also review a few of our "best practices" so you know just "how" the Community works, so make sure to watch the News & Announcements each week for the latest and greatest Tuesday Tips!     THIS WEEK'S TIP: Unlocking Achievements and Earning BadgesAcross the Communities, you'll see badges on users profile that recognize and reward their engagement and contributions. These badges each signify a different achievement--and all of those achievements are available to any Community member! If you're a seasoned pro or just getting started, you too can earn badges for the great work you do. Check out some details on Community badges below--and find out more in the detailed link at the end of the article!       A Diverse Range of Badges to Collect The badges you can earn in the Community cover a wide array of activities, including: Kudos Received: Acknowledges the number of times a user’s post has been appreciated with a “Kudo.”Kudos Given: Highlights the user’s generosity in recognizing others’ contributions.Topics Created: Tracks the number of discussions initiated by a user.Solutions Provided: Celebrates the instances where a user’s response is marked as the correct solution.Reply: Counts the number of times a user has engaged with community discussions.Blog Contributor: Honors those who contribute valuable content and are invited to write for the community blog.       A Community Evolving Together Badges are not only a great way to recognize outstanding contributions of our amazing Community members--they are also a way to continue fostering a collaborative and supportive environment. As you continue to share your knowledge and assist each other these badges serve as a visual representation of your valuable contributions.   Find out more about badges in these Community Support pages in each Community: All About Community Badges - Power Apps CommunityAll About Community Badges - Power Automate CommunityAll About Community Badges - Copilot Studio CommunityAll About Community Badges - Power Pages Community

Tuesday Tips: Powering Up Your Community Profile

TUESDAY TIPS are our way of communicating helpful things we've learned or shared that have helped members of the Community. Whether you're just getting started or you're a seasoned pro, Tuesday Tips will help you know where to go, what to look for, and navigate your way through the ever-growing--and ever-changing--world of the Power Platform Community! We cover basics about the Community, provide a few "insider tips" to make your experience even better, and share best practices gleaned from our most active community members and Super Users.   With so many new Community members joining us each week, we'll also review a few of our "best practices" so you know just "how" the Community works, so make sure to watch the News & Announcements each week for the latest and greatest Tuesday Tips!   This Week's Tip: Power Up Your Profile!  🚀 It's where every Community member gets their start, and it's essential that you keep it updated! Your Community User Profile is how you're able to get messages, post solutions, ask questions--and as you rank up, it's where your badges will appear and how you'll be known when you start blogging in the Community Blog. Your Community User Profile is how the Community knows you--so it's essential that it works the way you need it to! From changing your username to updating contact information, this Knowledge Base Article is your best resource for powering up your profile.     Password Puzzles? No Problem! Find out how to sync your Azure AD password with your community account, ensuring a seamless sign-in. No separate passwords to remember! Job Jumps & Email Swaps Changed jobs? Got a new email? Fear not! You'll find out how to link your shiny new email to your existing community account, keeping your contributions and connections intact. Username Uncertainties Unraveled Picking the perfect username is crucial--and sometimes the original choice you signed up with doesn't fit as well as you may have thought. There's a quick way to request an update here--but remember, your username is your community identity, so choose wisely. "Need Admin Approval" Warning Window? If you see this error message while using the community, don't worry. A simple process will help you get where you need to go. If you still need assistance, find out how to contact your Community Support team. Whatever you're looking for, when it comes to your profile, the Community Account Support Knowledge Base article is your treasure trove of tips as you navigate the nuances of your Community Profile. It’s the ultimate resource for keeping your digital identity in tip-top shape while engaging with the Power Platform Community. So, dive in and power up your profile today!  💪🚀   Community Account Support | Power Apps Community Account Support | Power AutomateCommunity Account Support | Copilot Studio  Community Account Support | Power Pages

Super User of the Month | Chris Piasecki

In our 2nd installment of this new ongoing feature in the Community, we're thrilled to announce that Chris Piasecki is our Super User of the Month for March 2024. If you've been in the Community for a while, we're sure you've seen a comment or marked one of Chris' helpful tips as a solution--he's been a Super User for SEVEN consecutive seasons!   Since authoring his first reply in April 2020 to his most recent achievement organizing the Canadian Power Platform Summit this month, Chris has helped countless Community members with his insights and expertise. In addition to being a Super User, Chris is also a User Group leader, Microsoft MVP, and a featured speaker at the Microsoft Power Platform Conference. His contributions to the new SUIT program, along with his joyous personality and willingness to jump in and help so many members has made Chris a fixture in the Power Platform Community.   When Chris isn't authoring solutions or organizing events, he's actively leading Piasecki Consulting, specializing in solution architecture, integration, DevOps, and more--helping clients discover how to strategize and implement Microsoft's technology platforms. We are grateful for Chris' insightful help in the Community and look forward to even more amazing milestones as he continues to assist so many with his great tips, solutions--always with a smile and a great sense of humor.You can find Chris in the Community and on LinkedIn. Thanks for being such a SUPER user, Chris! 💪 🌠  

Find Out What Makes Super Users So Super

We know many of you visit the Power Platform Communities to ask questions and receive answers. But do you know that many of our best answers and solutions come from Community members who are super active, helping anyone who needs a little help getting unstuck with Business Applications products? We call these dedicated Community members Super Users because they are the real heroes in the Community, willing to jump in whenever they can to help! Maybe you've encountered them yourself and they've solved some of your biggest questions. Have you ever wondered, "Why?"We interviewed several of our Super Users to understand what drives them to help in the Community--and discover the difference it has made in their lives as well! Take a look in our gallery today: What Motivates a Super User? - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

March User Group Update: New Groups and Upcoming Events!

Welcome to this month’s celebration of our Community User Groups and exciting User Group events. We’re thrilled to introduce some brand-new user groups that have recently joined our vibrant community. Plus, we’ve got a lineup of engaging events you won’t want to miss. Let’s jump right in: New User Groups   Sacramento Power Platform GroupANZ Power Platform COE User GroupPower Platform MongoliaPower Platform User Group OmanPower Platform User Group Delta StateMid Michigan Power Platform Upcoming Events  DUG4MFG - Quarterly Meetup - Microsoft Demand PlanningDate: 19 Mar 2024 | 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM Central America Standard TimeDescription: Dive into the world of manufacturing with a focus on Demand Planning. Learn from industry experts and share your insights. Dynamics User Group HoustonDate: 07 Mar 2024 | 11:00 AM to 01:00 PM Central America Standard TimeDescription: Houston, get ready for an immersive session on Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform. Connect with fellow professionals and expand your knowledge. Reading Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Group (Q1)Date: 05 Mar 2024 | 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM GMT Standard TimeDescription: Join our virtual meetup for insightful discussions, demos, and community updates. Let’s kick off Q1 with a bang! Leaders, Create Your Events!  Leaders of existing User Groups, don’t forget to create your events within the Community platform. By doing so, you’ll enable us to share them in future posts and newsletters. Let’s spread the word and make these gatherings even more impactful! Stay tuned for more updates, inspiring stories, and collaborative opportunities from and for our Community User Groups.   P.S. Have an event or success story to share? Reach out to us – we’d love to feature you!

Users online (5,299)