cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phearin
Level: Powered On

Create Flow to copy link of image in document library to other SP list

Dear Team,

Could you please assist to show how can we create flow to copy link of image in document library to other SP list? 

I have a document library which is store the image. and I have another SP list which contains column photo and type as URL. 

Please advise.

Thanks,

Phearin 

16 REPLIES 16
Super User
Super User

Re: Create Flow to copy link of image in document library to other SP list

Hi @phearin 

Please have a look at the flow below:

I am updating the title with the URL, you just have to put the link to item value in the URL type column of the SP list in the update/create item action.

p213.png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

phearin

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Thank for quick response.

However, I have followed your suggestion, but I couldn't find my photo field listed down. 

2019-06-21 16_37_41-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png2019-06-21 16_39_27-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

Super User
Super User

Hi @phearin 

Just a quick update: Columns of type Photo will not be displayed in the Flow actions of create and update items. Please make your column of type multi lines of text or Hyperlink and then you can try adding the link over there. You can create a column of type multi lines of text and another of picture and set the picture to caluclated and the value will be of the multi line of text. 

Also, the ID field points to the ID of the item in the sharepoint list (for th elist related action) and the ID of the file in the doument libraray for the file action. 

Hope this helps!

phearin

Hi @yashag2255 ,

I was wondering as the column already contains that type of hyperlink or picture. 

2019-06-21 22_16_33-Window.png

Super User
Super User

@phearin 

Yes! And if you check the Create Item/ Update item action in flow, you will not see a column of that data type. So you have to create the column as multiple lines of text and on more settings, you will be able to select the option of photo/url. Now on this multiple lines of text column you can add json schema (more on the schema here)

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/255389/in-a-sharepoint-list-display-an-image-field-ty...

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

phearin

Hi @yashag2255 ,

I have changed my Photo filed to Multiple Line with URL properties. I found the Photo filed is available in the Update Item in flow. However, I still couldn't get the point of the ID field and title field. 

Thanks,

Phearin

phearin

Hi @yashag2255 ,

I didn't get any further updates. 

1. I have a library name: Bank Deposit

2019-06-27 09_47_00-Window.png

2. I have a list call TESTSP which contains photo column type Hyperlink/Picture as properties

2019-06-27 09_48_03-Window.png

I want to make a flow when an item is create in Bank Deposit library, then it will fectch the image link to field in photo column. 

Thanks,

Phearin

Super User
Super User

HI @phearin 

My Bad! I missed this somehow. So the  ID fields in my flow correspond to the ID of the file and the item ID of the item list respectively. 

If you can share what is the exact configuration you want to buil, I might be able to assist you better. 

From the screenshots I see that the bank deposit library has the files and then you wnat to get the url on the list items. My question is do you want to create a new list item everytime a file is added in the bank deposits library? 

if so, you can see the flow below:

ng1.png

Replace the document library pointings and replicate accordingly. This flow will trigger everytime a file is added on the library and create an item in the list with a URL of that file. 

Hope this Helps!

phearin

Hi @yashag2255 ,

I am currently built an powerapps which capture image from the app and store the image file in the SP list. "This is the main reason".

However, there is no way to add image directly to SP list. Yet I found sth on web by convert image to store in library instead. I have followed some video and finally we can get image capture to store in the library as example I provided. 

Still it is not sactisfy, I want to store those image to SP List. I thought only get the image link in library will help in the case. 

Could you think of anything beside this? 

Thanks,

Phearin 

Super User
Super User

Hi @phearin 

So do you want to add multiple image attachments on one item in the SP List or create an Item everytime you click a photo and add that photo as an attachment to the new item in the SP List? 

phearin

Hi @yashag2255 

The second option would work. 

2019-06-27 10_35_14-Window.png

After I click upload button, I want to image that I capture to store in the photo field in SP list. In my current list, I try to upload image manually and get image link and paste it into photo field. 

12019-06-27 10_38_51-Window.png

I want automatically flow that can fectch capture image link to store in the photo field instead.

Thanks,

Phearin 

phearin

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Could you please update the case where I couldn't fetch the image link?

Thanks,

Phearin

phearin

Hi @yashag2255 ,

I think you quite a bit busy. Could you please share any further experiences in my case?

Thanks,

Phearin

@phearin wrote:

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Thanks,

Phearin

@phearin wrote:

Hi @yashag2255 ,

Thanks,

Phearin

Super User
Super User

Hey @phearin 

Somehow I missed this thread. So , in flow, you cannot provide a response to the "Photo" type column to a SP list. an you try creating a Multi Lines of text type column and then pass the uri of the image and see the result?

phearin

Hi @yashag2255 ;

From what you have mentioned, does we do it manually for the uri to the photo field?

Thanks,

Phearin

Super User
Super User

Hi @phearin 

The Photo field in SharePoint ecpects a URL that is not more than 255 characters and you cannot update this field or add any value to it from flow as it will not show in the flow. 

You need to create the column in SharePoint as a multiple lines of text type and then pass the URI/ URL and then change the sorce type of the column to img to save the image file. More details in column formatiing here: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/column-formatting

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 113 members 4,266 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: