cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apaco89
Level: Powered On

Deleting an item from SharePoint Documnet Library

Hello, 

I am trying to delete an item from the SharePoint Doucment library using Flow. 

We have a sharePoint list with employee informations and a doucment library with pdf files associated with each employee.  We have , user id column in the document library against each pdf file. 

We want to delet the pdf file associcatedwith a employee if he/she leaves the company.  for that , I am creating a flow and checking the user last day column and compare it with today, if its greate than today , i will set the status as " Not in Company". 

Now, I want to delete the associated file from the doucment library, How can i do that? I was trying to do this by checking the id column in the List and the userId column from the document library but, I dont know how to get the column name from the document library since I am getting the info(GetItem) from the list in the previous step.

Capture.PNG

Can anyone please help me to do this? Plesae let me knwo if you need more info. 

Thanks, 

Apaco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Deleting an item from SharePoint Documnet Library

Hi @Apaco89

Do you want to delete file from the SharePoint library if the user leaves company?

According to your description, I have made a SharePoint list which contains columns ID, Title, LastDay, Status. And a library contains columns Name, UserId.

Note: UserId is of type Number which has same value with ID from the list.

Trigger the flow with a manual button.

Get items from the list. Add a condition to filter out items that LastDay are less than Today’s date, input the following code:

@less(items('Apply_to_each')?['LastDay'], utcnow('yyyy-MM-dd'))

Then Update the Status to Not in company of corresponding item.

Then get files (properties only) to get the specific file using Filter Query with the following code:

UserId eq ‘ID’

Then add the action Delete file to delete the specific file from library.

Images for your reference.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Apaco89

Do you want to delete file from the SharePoint library if the user leaves company?

According to your description, I have made a SharePoint list which contains columns ID, Title, LastDay, Status. And a library contains columns Name, UserId.

Note: UserId is of type Number which has same value with ID from the list.

Trigger the flow with a manual button.

Get items from the list. Add a condition to filter out items that LastDay are less than Today’s date, input the following code:

@less(items('Apply_to_each')?['LastDay'], utcnow('yyyy-MM-dd'))

Then Update the Status to Not in company of corresponding item.

Then get files (properties only) to get the specific file using Filter Query with the following code:

UserId eq ‘ID’

Then add the action Delete file to delete the specific file from library.

Images for your reference.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Apaco89
Level: Powered On

Thank you !  It worked

>