cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BSB
Level: Powered On

Disconnect Flow from my 365 account

As a 365 user, I signed into Flow a week or so ago and found it to be absolutely useless for the task I wanted but now Microsoft has decided they're going to spam me without the ability to opt-out by claiming:

This message from Microsoft is an important part of a program, service, or product that you or your company purchased or participates in. Microsoft respects your privacy. Please read our Privacy Statement.

That claim is laughable becuase this is a marketing e-mail trying to get me to use more of Flow.  This was NOT an "important" e-mail and therefore may be in violation of the CAN SPAM Act of 2003.  I don't need nor do I want it but cannot find a way to stop the spam.  Anyway, how do I disconnect Flow from my 365 account so I no longer get spammed by MS?  MS already sends enough junk e-mail about 365, the last thing I needed was more junk e-mail I can't stop.  I'd just block the sender but MS has a habit of changing the address.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Disconnect Flow from my 365 account

Hi @BSB,

Firstly, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Microsoft Flow is a fully public cloud service, and everyone in the world can sign up and use it to automate their day-to-day tasks. To use Microsoft Flow there is no requirements that users have or use an Office 365 account. Because of this, there’s no mechanism at this time for you to block another person from using Flow (as everyone in the world can, irrespective of their email address).

However, you can remove Microsoft Flow from the app launcher, and your admin can turn the license off here:

Capture.PNG

For your reference:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/organization-q-and-a/

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
BSB
Level: Powered On

Did you actually read my post?  Clearly not.  Since I signed into Flow a week or so ago Microsoft has decided to spam me.  I'd never gotten any Flow junk before and now I'm getting it.  That's ILLEGAL in the US.  There's no opt-out option and the e-mail contained deceptive claims that it was important account-related communications.  The CAN SPAM Act of 2003 doesn't allow this.  Either MS needs to allow me to opt-out of the e-mails OR I must be allowed to deactivate my account.

I-Hate-Microsof
Level: Power Up

This is not just illegal in the US but als and especially in Europe.

Microsoft is more an more Spamming us and I don't like that.

I have more and more the impression that those companies like Google who were to complain a few years ago for a reason are now doing their job quite well and Microsoft is filling this gap.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 362 members 4,319 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: