cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pnthrzrule
Level: Powered On

Duplicate Request for Sign Off

When I try to run a built in Request for Sign Off from document libraries, I am seeing multiple (duplicates). Sometimes there may be as many as 6 duplicate options for Request for Sign Off. Has anyone seen this? I do have a BPOS site collection and it doesn't seem to happen in non BPOS site collections. Help!

12 REPLIES 12
Super User
Super User

Re: Duplicate Request for Sign Off

Hi @pnthrzrule 

Check in Flow to see if multiple Flows have been created related to the same library

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

pnthrzrule

Hi and thanks for the response...but this is the built in flow that comes with every modern doc library. I never added any flows from the beginning. The only thing that should be showing is a single request sign off option...not duplicates. I hope that made sense.

pnthrzrule

2019-08-07_8-28-25.jpg

What you see above were not created by me at all...these are the default sign-off flows from MS

Super User
Super User

Hi @pnthrzrule 

When you first click on request-sign off for any nw library it will create the Flow based on the template

It does not auto apply it

It could be possible that multiple users tried using request sign off at same time, which would ask them to first create the Flow and hence you see 2 request sign offs

Once request sign off is associated with your library, then it does not associated other ones

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

pnthrzrule

On a fresh doc library, the request for sign off is immediately avail. For testing, I created a new library and saw the single RFSO (req for sign off), then I went to the Configure your flow setting and turned it off...RFSO went away as expected. However, when I turned it back on...there were now 2. Also, when I ran all of the steps I described...I was the olny one interacting with the list. How do you explain that?

Super User
Super User

Hi @pnthrzrule 

Just tested the scenario you presented and just got 1 Request sign off Flow only

pnthrzrule

Thanks for taking the time to test. Apparently there is something going on with my tenant...curses!

Super User
Super User

Hi @pnthrzrule 

can u test in a dfiferent site collection

pnthrzrule

It's happening in at least 2 different collections...already tested

GE
Level: Power Up

I can confirm that we are experiencing the same issue. Our users are also not recieving notifications. See image attached

@pnthrzrule wrote:

When I try to run a built in Request for Sign Off from document libraries, I am seeing multiple (duplicates). Sometimes there may be as many as 6 duplicate options for Request for Sign Off. Has anyone seen this? I do have a BPOS site collection and it doesn't seem to happen in non BPOS site collections. Help!

Flow Issue.PNG

Zooney1

Same issue here. All instances are labelled Request Sign-off. If I open each one, most of them are prompting for permissions, with one of them going directly to the form where you can enter the Approvers, etc and start the Flow. That makes me think that it is creating one for each person who started a Request Sign-Off and then they all appear for everyone. Looks like a bug! Please let us know the follow-up and ETA for a fix on this one. Thanks! @RezaDorrani @GE @pnthrzrule 

pnthrzrule

No eta just that the fix is being rolled out

They said to make sure user is refreshing the screen before running additional flows. 

Also, nothing can be done about the duplicates - you'd basically have to create a new library

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 358 members 4,387 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: