cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicating an Item in Series

I would love some input on the best approach for creating items in SharePoint based on a previous entered item from the same list.  Such as ...I have a service ticket to be done each day.  The same technician will go to the same location for 4 days, so I need to create the first ticket entered 3 more times.  I have done the following:

1.  Create the trigger

2.  Get the item from SharePoint

3.  Set the switch ( in accordance to the value selected for re-creation).  The attached picture shows most of the flow.  Each item has an apply to each

My issue is ;  If the value is set to 3 , the switch should go to 3 and stop.  However, the PowerApps fails and asks for the values for Switch 4,  then when entered Switch 4 fails and ask for Switch 5 values, etc.

But the Flow manually triggered runs.

I have also tried using yes/no conditions.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Duplicating an Item in Series

Hi @TerrificTerri ,

Thanks for updating.

The value you give from app is of type Text, you need to convert it to integer then use it in the Switch condition.

I have created the flow likes below for your reference.

After the Button trigger, add Compose, select Ask in PowerApps for its Inputs.

Add Compose 2 with the following code:

int(outputs('Compose'))

Then the Switch on Compose 2 Output, set Case equals 1, Case 2 equals 2, Case 3 equals 3.

And add corresponding actions under each case.

Images for your reference.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @TerrificTerri ,

Did you get any error message when PowerApps fails and asks for the values for Switch 4?

Please share more details on the error message.

I am trying to reproduce this issue on my side.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes I did, it basically tells me to input the values.  I have tried inputting all the values and when switch 7 is complete then it errors as well.  However, this morning the flow is providing the error and fails the run - I am thinking it is the Flow with the issue.  Here is the last screen shot of the Flow failureCapture.JPG.

Here is a picture of the values for the switch:

Capture.JPG

• v-yamao-msft

Still awaiting a response Please!!!!

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @TerrificTerri ,

Thanks for updating.

The value you give from app is of type Text, you need to convert it to integer then use it in the Switch condition.

I have created the flow likes below for your reference.

After the Button trigger, add Compose, select Ask in PowerApps for its Inputs.

Add Compose 2 with the following code:

int(outputs('Compose'))

Then the Switch on Compose 2 Output, set Case equals 1, Case 2 equals 2, Case 3 equals 3.

And add corresponding actions under each case.

Images for your reference.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

>