Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnathon_S
Level: Powered On

Flow deep link to PowerApps stopped working correctly

Hello,

I have an issue.

I have been using flows to send emails to users. In the email would be a hyperlink to the powerapps application with a query string on the link. These links have suddenly begun to have different behavior. I would use the value on the query string to LookUp a record in a SharePoint list.

Expected behavior that has been working until recently was that after clicking the link the application would open up to the correct screen and display the correct item based on ID. Instead, now when I click the link the application opens up to the oldest record (The lowest number ID). The URL has the correct query string in all cases, yet the powerapps LookUp() isn't retrieving the correct record. It users the oldest record in the SharePoint list for whatever reason. Let's look at some code to get a better feel of what I'm trying to say.

<a href="https://web.powerapps.com/apps/d647d522-3638-45c9-9472-afd5ff12ac0e?ItemID={DYNAMIC ID FROM FLOW INSERTED HERE}">Link to app</a>

A flow generates the above link and emails a user. The user clicks the link. The ?ItemID={Dynamic ID} is making use of flow dynamic properties. The ID relates to the automatically generated SharePoint ID for every record. 

When the user navigates to the application -- the screen BrowseScreen1 has this code on the property "OnStart".

If(IsBlank(Param("ItemID")),
Navigate(BrowseGallery1, ScreenTransition.Fade)
,Navigate(DetailScreen1, Cover,
{device:LookUp(ECTCR_Tracking, ID = Value(Param("ItemID")))}))

That code has been working all day. Then suddenly after lunch, it has stopped. I have not messed with the code in between. So I would just like a little help understanding what is happening. 

Thanks for the help. 

PS: The guys over at the PowerApps forums told me to ask you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow deep link to PowerApps stopped working correctly

Hi Johnathon_S,

I saw you have posted the same issue on PowerApps Forum and you have already found a solution.

The thread link is:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Deep-linking-from-Flows-stopped-working/m-p/6498...

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Johnathon_S,

I would like to know how is your flow created? And how long has it been created?

According to your description, flow will send user an email and there is a link in the email. By clicking the link, user will be navigated to the screen on an app.

Seems that there is nothing wrong with the code. Please try to recreate the flow to see if it will work.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Johnathon_S,

I saw you have posted the same issue on PowerApps Forum and you have already found a solution.

The thread link is:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Deep-linking-from-Flows-stopped-working/m-p/6498...

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 177 members 3,499 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: