cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nchandran
Level: Powered On

Flow does not trigger email after checking condition for a particular input

Hi can someone help me. Basically i have a powerapp form thats connected to the sharepoint list and its working well.

Now when i create a flow as when a new item is created in sharepoint and to the check if the condition of a particular input contains a certain text then it will send email to a particular user. When I set that particular user mail to myself and when I test the powerapp form to input it works and will get the email I desire but when I set the email to another user the person confirms he doesnt get anything into his inbox. We have checked spamm and junk box condition nothing is stopping that mail. When I check the history of that flow shows this

1) When I put my email in the 'Send an Email Notification'action, the condition evaluates as true.

2) If I put any other email, the condition evaluates as false. Its a valid email too.

Can someone help me? attached here are my screenshots of the actual flow configuration and the history results for both my email and the user mail in use.flow settings.jpgflow success using my account.jpgflow error.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow does not trigger email after checking condition for a particular input

@nchandran 

It looks like you might be referencing an option column in you condition.  If so, please be sure that you have selected the "Value" from Dynamic properties.  For example, if I have an option column called My Choice, I'll see My Choice and My Choice Value in Dynamic properties.  I would need to select My Choice Value in my condition.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @nchandran ,

Have you tried outputting the value of the Choice field?

The configuration in Send an email notification action does not affect the result of Condition.

So I think it is because the value of the Choice field contained in the current item does not start with SWTC.

You could try to configure Compose on the Condition to output the Choice value.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
10 REPLIES 10
rogrimbe

Hi nchandran, 

Accroding to the screenshots you fail in the condition evaluation and not the send email. 

you don't even get there.

so the only logical explanation is that the condition check is somehow affected from the other user data. 

that check you do, starts with SWTC are you 100% that when doing this test with a different user it is true? 

Did you just tried sending the email directly to that other email address and skip the condition? 

I think it will work fine and you'll see the issue is in the condition

nchandran

HI,

when i change the email address to my name it says true but when i change it to somebody else it shows false.

i'm stuck there.

rogrimbe

again, the false and true results are from the compare condition of that start with

it is not related to an email address in the next step. 

if you can just try to move the send email step before the condition and see if an email is sent to that address

then think how the condition might be affected 

nchandran

ok let me test and see as what you suggested . I will come back to you folks.

@rogrimbe wrote:

again, the false and true results are from the compare condition of that start with

it is not related to an email address in the next step. 

if you can just try to move the send email step before the condition and see if an email is sent to that address

then think how the condition might be affected 

Super User
Super User

@nchandran 

It looks like you might be referencing an option column in you condition.  If so, please be sure that you have selected the "Value" from Dynamic properties.  For example, if I have an option column called My Choice, I'll see My Choice and My Choice Value in Dynamic properties.  I would need to select My Choice Value in my condition.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @nchandran ,

Have you tried outputting the value of the Choice field?

The configuration in Send an email notification action does not affect the result of Condition.

So I think it is because the value of the Choice field contained in the current item does not start with SWTC.

You could try to configure Compose on the Condition to output the Choice value.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nchandran

sorry i was out with a bad cold to reply to all of you if thats the assumption even though the condition was wrong why is flow able to send the email to me? ..i'm puzzled here.

Highlighted
rogrimbe

Hi nchandran, 

hope you are well now. 

did you tried to check the send email to that other person regardless of the condition? like I suggested just to test that step before the condition? 

now lets clear this again, if the condition result is false -> no email will be sent (if you didn't change the default of run after) so no need to check that person mailbox. 

you get an email because the condition result is true and the flow gets to the next step of sent an email.

which leds us to believe the scope above the condition is correlated to user and that sharepoint var in the condition will be different for each user.

nchandran

Rogrimbe,

I've tested with a bareflow where there is no condition, when a new item was created it triggered a flow to a specify email (not mine) and it works. So i guess its with the condition where i need to figure out.

This is a basically a process where a person inputs a form (new request) where once the request is created it will inform the centre admin that a request is awaiting their approval. Once this is fixed i can figure out other flows that will alert the other authorising party along the way within the form approval process.

nchandran

Scott your advise nailed it, i got it figured and it worked perfectly. Right on point.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 416 members 5,011 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: