cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rsovitzky
Level: Powered On

Flow not always triggering on moved files in Sharepoint

Hi. I have two relatively simple flows that watch folders for files, trigger an approval, move the file when approved and then triggers another approval.

The first flow works and moves the files as expected.

The second flow sometimes fires  and sometimes does not fire and I cannot figure out what is different: the files are generally Excel or PDFs, they are small in size and there doesn't appear to be anything different about which ones work and which ones do not work.  When the second flow fires it completes successfully. The second flow is not failing; it is not always firing. Any suggestions?

Flow 1 (works)

InkedCapture1_LI.jpg

Flow 2 (doesn't always fire)

Capture2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Flow not always triggering on moved files in Sharepoint

Hi @rsovitzky,

It seems that there is no difference between the two Flows in the configuration.

The first thing I can think of is the way the files are created.

Whether you upload the file directly or create a new file in the folder, this may affect the triggering of Flow.

The second possibility is that the Environment in which the two Flows are located is different, so there are some differences when monitoring whether new files are created.

In addition, it may be that the second Flow trigger waits for a long time, so the feeling is not triggered. You can check the run history to see if Flow is triggered whenever a new file is created, although it takes a long time. .

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rsovitzky

Hi. To clarify, the primary difference is that files are being manually saved or copied to the folder that Flow 1 is monitoring, whereas the files are being moved by Flow 1 to the second folder being monitored by Flow 2; normally that is the only way files get to the second folder. Thus the question: why does Flow 2 trigger sometimes --- but not every time --- that Flow 1 moves a file?

rsovitzky

I continue to observe instances of the second flow not firing. Perhaps I am missing something obvious: if the second flow is running every five minutes (like normal) and a file with a modify date of one week ago is moved from Flow 1 to the folder that Flow 2 is monitoring, should it fire?  Is the trigger looking at the date of the file or is it looking for new files in the folder since it last ran (i.e. five minutes previously)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 357 members 5,173 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: